how can i get this kid to nap?

7 months old . he used to be perfectly content napping on me or dad but now it seems like he doesnt want to be held for his naps cause he will just stare at us and try to grab our face. he fights sleep so bad he was awake from 11- 8 straight besides crashing out for a few minutes. we did cry it out at night and he sleeps from 9-9 straight thru. not against cry it out for naps but not sure how to do it? how did you get your babies to nap at this age? i feel like he is just so stubborn and fights it so bad and he is a huge crab most of the day because of this..i need help!

Mgirly84

Asked by Mgirly84 at 11:44 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Crying it out for naps is the same thing as at night. I just put my baby in the crib after making sure they're full and burped and dry, then i'd lay them down. After 5 to 10 mins, they'd be asleep.
    princessj05

Answer by princessj05 at 11:55 PM on May. 27, 2009

• Just calm your baby down as much as possible about 30 mins before you'd like him to take a nap. Make sure there are no lights where he sleeps, be consistent, and only let him cry/fuss for 5-10mins. If he cries longer he's not ready to sleep and you can pick him up and soothe him.

I'm not much of an expert though since what I was doing just stopped working thanks to teething haha. I won't give up though! Just got to find new ways to help my son.
    ours

Answer by ours at 12:43 AM on May. 28, 2009

• i used CIO when my son was about 5-6 months old and we had gotten him to a point that he would go to sleep alone, then teething hit...after the first CIO try i couldnt bear to do it again, my heart ached. now hes 13 months old and every nap and before bed we lay together, i read to him and sometimes we watch blues clues. before bed he gets a bottle. then after hes asleep i put him in his crib. i would say routine is the best way. before every nap rock him and read to him, maybe play some music and sing to him. after a while he will know that when this time comes during the day it means hes supposed to go to sleep. but let him make his own schedule, he will let you know when hes tired and ready to go to bed. at that age he should only need 2 or 3 naps a day.
    lululovexox

Answer by lululovexox at 9:14 AM on May. 28, 2009