Kids vandalizing mailboxes!!

So we have had problems with our mailboxes being jammed and bent because someone was trying to open our boxes!! Today I come driving around the corner and I see three boys about tweens, attempting to pry open various mailboxes with a metal stick of some kind and shoving things in the key holes kicking and punching the boxes! I stopped and watched them, they saw me and continued!!! Parents were outside partying their asses off 20 feet away! So, I called the cops! What would you do. Parents wouldn't handle it so I figured the police would.

Steff107

Asked by Steff107 at 11:55 PM on May. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would have called the cops too. It's a felony to mess with mail boxes.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 11:56 PM on May. 27, 2009

• You did the right thing. I hope they don't do it again.

Last fall when the signs were up all over the city for the elections, I saw a couple teens vandalizing one of the signs. I was driving and there were lots of cars going by but they continued. So I honked my horn to let them know I saw them, those hoodlums.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 12:04 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Yepp I would have done the same thing! LolosMom is right. It IS a felony to tamper with peoples' mail or mailboxes. And apparently since the parent's don't give a shit about what their stupidass kids are doing, I'm sure the cops will!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:06 AM on May. 28, 2009

• yes. it's a felony and someone should teach them now.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 12:21 AM on May. 28, 2009

• i woulda called the cops too. you dont mess w/ ppls mail/mail boxes!!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:29 AM on May. 28, 2009

• You did the right thing.
    Did the police show up and catch the boys?
    I carry a disposable camera in my glove box in case of an accident (cell phone pictures aren't the greatest) and one of them would have been great at that moment if the boys had left before the police had arrived.
    I hope the boys were caught and got into big time trouble.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:31 AM on May. 28, 2009