Daughter almost 1 years old "june 9th" getting off the bottle/formula Tomorrow..

I'm so happy that she's getting off the formula, but I'm kinda nervous or maybe worried that she won't go to bed or take a nap with out a bottle...What could i do to replace the bottle...Couple of weeks ago i've been laying her down for a nap/bedtime with a bottle then taking it out after she's done...cud i put water in a bottle and give it to her ? or what?

sorry if this is confusing.

nicole0709442

Asked by nicole0709442 at 12:04 AM on May. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• i haven't had to deal with that but wouldn't it be better to do it gradually?? cold turkey might really upset and confuse her...I don't know sorry
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:09 AM on May. 28, 2009

• ya o wouldnt give her milk or juice in the bottle its bad for her teeth but you might have to slowly ween her off her bedtime milk bottle like start tomorrow ...giver her some milk in her bottle and cut it with water like 6 oz milk 2 oz water or juice(depending on how big her bottles are) then the next night add more water and less juice or milk and keep doing that till is all water slowly over time she will be fine...then when you take her off the bottle giver her all her milk and juice (the yummy stuff) in a sippie and not the bottle cuz then she will relize ooo mommy the sippie is yummy lol......and then she will slowly give up her bottle by herself mine did.....good luck
    emilysmama05

Answer by emilysmama05 at 12:13 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I gave my son a bottle with water at night and for naps. It was really convenient.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:54 PM on May. 28, 2009