Painful intercourse after being stitched back up?

When I was having my baby the doctor cut me in front but the baby tore the back, so obviously I have major stitching done. Being sexfree for 3 yrs and now getting back on the "wagon" Ive found that the first time was extremely painful. A week later and it still hurts and especially when I pee, burns like rubbing salt in a wound! Anyone else experience this? Should I call my OB/GYN? Im scared to do it again! Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on May. 28, 2009 in Health

• Sounds like more than just the episiotomy pain but also your just aren't used to sex anymore. They have some perenial lotions that can help heal the area from the last time that you are still sore, and I would make sure next time you use some lube and are very relaxed before you do it again. Your body is just going to have to try to get used to it again, and it is goin to be alot tougher after not being intimate for so long after the episiotomy. It won't last forever, it just may take some time before things are completely back to normal again. And I also would not try again untill you are not sore anymore, give your body plenty of time in between to heal and readjust. GL
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 12:09 AM on May. 28, 2009

• yep im 10 months pp and some postitons still hurt... just find 1 that is ok and go easy... it will pass

i had 3-4degree tearing in the back... try lanolin cream on it.. not while sex but like before bed helps keep it moist
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 12:19 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I had a really painful scar from my epsisotomy. It hurt for over a year to have sex. Just let your partner know that he has to be extra gentle.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:24 AM on May. 28, 2009