What are my chances of going into labor early?

I will be 30 weeks pregnant this Saturday. I was told to go to labor and delivery today after severe cramping and some spotting. They told me that I have a UTI and a hemorrhagic cyst. They also said that I'm already 1 cm dialated, 50 % effaced and -1 station. They pretty much left me out in the dark, gave me some meds and sent me home. Is the cyst serious and should I be worried about going into preterm labor?

ShelbyLin

Asked by ShelbyLin at 12:08 AM on May. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No one can say for sure, but they dont seem to be to helpful at the hospital you wen tto either. I would call your Dr in the morning and demand some answers or even to be seen and dont stop untill you get some answers and are satisfied. They work for you, it is their responsibility that you are informed and know exactly what is going on with your body and your baby, dont let them blow you off.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 12:17 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Puleez! Not to sound insensetive, but you are just fine. Women have been dialted to three or four cm for weeks and still go full term! If they sent you home you are fine. They deal with thousands of pregnant women every year and all the pregnant women seem to think the doctors and nurses are crazy and don't know what they are talking about when it comes to their pregnancy. You can't listen to everyone's horror stories, you are hearing a few out of a million normal pregnancies! You could stay at one cm for 10 more weeks. I was on bedrest for worse things. You were cramping and spotting from the UTI which is typical. The cyst will burst on it's own and go away, I've had many. When ever you have "problems down there" and you are twenty weeks or more prego, you always go to labor and delivery and they treat you there. It doesn't mean you are in labor or gonna have a baby. You are just anxious, relax!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I dilated at 30 weeks also. Exactly the same as you. 1cm, 50% effaced, and he was at a station -1. I slowly progressed until I went into labor at 38 weeks and had my baby boy. When you have cramping, Braxton Hicks, whatever, it is telling you to take it easy. Sit, drink a glass of water, and rest for a while. Take care of yourself. Your baby will be here before you know it! Congrats, BTW!
    MarynmomofColby

Answer by MarynmomofColby at 12:47 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Thank you for all of the answers, I really apperciate it. I am a first time mommy so I do not know the answers to a lof of this. I was mostly worried about the cysts, but now know that everything should be ok. Thanks again and have a great day!
    ShelbyLin

Answer by ShelbyLin at 11:16 AM on May. 28, 2009