Anyone else allergic to milk? And I'm not talking lactose intolerant either!!

Just seeing the word milk makes me want to crap :(

prettyrayray

Asked by prettyrayray at 12:11 AM on May. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• DD was allergic. She outgrew it though. It was hard at first because I didn't know why she screamed so much. When an idiot nurse told me she was allergic to my breast milk I knew that wasn't right so I thought she might be allergic to cow's milk. I was the type that got up in the middle of the night and could chug down a gallon. I cut it out of my diet and she did much better. At about 2 she was able to have dairy products without any side affects. I'm so glad her allergies never gave her hives or anything. She just had bad stomach pains and her stool would blister her butt. I know it wasn't lactose intolerance too because I gave her some of that milk and tried goat's milk even. No luck.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 12:18 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I tried that Lactaid milk and I still had bad craps :( I didn't feel better until I cut out all milk altogether. But I can have cheese and yogurt. No ice cream. Only fermented milk I suppose.

The thing is, I didn't get this until I was bf my second child and I was trying to drink milk to have a balanced diet. I couldn't figure out why my tummy hurt all the time, so I systematically cut out foods I ate all the time. Got Lactaid milk from WIC, still didn't help.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 12:41 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Allergies are funny things. It's an immune response so maybe you had an illness and kicked started the allergies.

In different products the proteins are a different size. Some people can handle cheese and yogurt and goat's milk. Some people can't. DD could not eat any of it unless I cooked it in a dish. For example she could eat a curry sauce that was cooked with yogurt but could not eat straight yogurt.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 10:32 AM on May. 28, 2009