MY DAUGHTERS HAVE COME HOME FROM COLLEGE AND NEITHER ONE OF THEM WANTS TO STAY WITH US...MY FEELINGS ARE SO HURT...DO I SAY ANYTHING OR BECAUSE THEY ARE 18 JUST GIVE THEM THEIR SPACE?

MY HUSBAND AND I HAVE TREATED THE GIRLS VERY WELL GROWING UP AND CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY THEY DON'T WANT TO COME HOME....ONE IS AT HER DAD'S AND THE OTHER IS AT HER GOD MOTHERS HOME...

kingskidneal

Asked by kingskidneal at 12:15 AM on May. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• Do they still have rules to follow at your house? Are the people they are staying with more easy going? I know when I came home from college for the summer, it was a really hard adjustment from living completely on my own, and own my own schedule and own time, to having to have a curfew again and be considerate of the other memebers of my family so that could be a reason why they might not want to come home. Why don't you ask them why they don't want to come home? Maybe they have an innocent reason why. It wouldn't hurt to ask! Afterall you are their mother, and you deserve a right to know why your children don't want to live with you for the summer.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:19 AM on May. 28, 2009

• It different when you become use to living without rules. The dad and Godmother might just be a bit lenient. Im sure it hurts, but i dont think they're doing it intentionally.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 2:19 AM on May. 28, 2009