17 month old fears?

My son has suddenly developed this fear of being carried a certain way. Whenever he is laid on his back for diaper changes or carried, like cradled his back parallel to the ground, or being played with, swinging, he freaks out! My husband and I are dumbfounded. Both asking if he's dropped him or I have. Answer, no. We're really puzzled... Anyone else have something similar? The only thing we can think of is that he had one of those dreams where he's falling and suddenly wakes up...This is very stressful.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on May. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I personally haven't, but my parents said that when my brother hit about a year he started freaking out over certain positions and didn't like to be "tossed" in the air. What if you give him a toy during diaper changes? Does that help? Or keep telling him you won't let him get hurt... idk! My parents stopped playing with my brother in the air and he preffered taking things apart (flashlights etc). I hope things get better!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 12:53 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Its probable just a phase he is going through and will grow out of it in time
    momof2_2009

Answer by momof2_2009 at 1:07 AM on May. 28, 2009