Mothers with 1 year olds...

Okay so what is your nightly routine with your LO? Do they get a bottle or drink before bed? Do you give it to them in their crib? What do you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on May. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• At around 6:30-7pm my son eats dinner. After that I put on classical music and he has 15 minutes wind down time, bath, baby massage, jammie time, I brush his teeth, read him a bed time story, nurse him and then lay down next to him till he falls asleep (he co-sleeps) which usually only takes 5 mins for him to dose off.He is usually in bed and asleep by 7:30. In the winter he is in bed by 6:30pm)
    michelle0228

Answer by michelle0228 at 2:46 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I have a 16 month old that I recently weaned from breastfeeding. He and his almost three year old brother get stories and then a song each and then are put in their beds. The baby takes a sippy cup to bed. I wanted him to be able to fall asleep on his own before I took away the sippy.
    I plan on taking the sippy at about two years old.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:28 AM on May. 28, 2009

• My daughter is 15 months and hasn't had a nighttime drink since about 13 months. But, we let her fall asleep in the living room and then take her to her bed when we go to sleep.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:36 AM on May. 28, 2009

• at 9pm i say tis bed time, we get jamies and diaper changes then a cup with water,,, then to bed.... they give kisses ebfore they leave the room... i say good night and leave theirb bedrooms....

works great for my almsot 1 year old and 3 year old...
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 12:39 AM on May. 28, 2009

• i tuck their drinks in the cornors of their beds... i dont want them waking up in the middle of the night screaming for water,,, most mornings they are still full.. they dont suck on them to fall asleep
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 12:40 AM on May. 28, 2009

• We always gave a "snack" (bottle of formula, fingerfoods and sippy of formula, fingerfoods and sippy of milk depending on the age) about an hour before bed. Then at bedtime, we put them in their crib or bed, tucked them in, said good night, walked out and shut the door behind us.

Basically: snack, bath if needed, pajamas, books or quiet play, bed.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:24 AM on May. 28, 2009