surgery or not?

well if you seen any of the things ive written you would know i have major back problems...but incase anyone is interested heres the deal. i have a curved spine and my hips are uneven because of it and its pinching a nerve in my leg which causes my leg to either have muscle spasms or go numb real easy. i have 4 pinched nerves a few buldging tissues a couple of torn tissues and a herniated disc and a lot of knots in my back and hips....def sounds like i need surgery right? well heres the thing i have huge anxiety probs! when i was 15 and they mentioned surgery i passed out and woke up in ER guess i had a seizure all cuz of anxiety. not to mentioin my biggest fear is what if my physical therapy will make it better..i dont wanna have surgery and risk not being able to have anymore kids i want jus one more! so do i wait another 9 months to get betteror jus finally give in especially cuz ive been off work for 8 months cuz back prob

kuuipo317

Asked by kuuipo317 at 12:41 AM on May. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• aww I am kinda going through the same thing. I herniated L5-S1 and it kills me everyday. Catch is I am only 21 and no one really wants to operate now but I hate being on hydrocodone all the time. I hope your back will improve if you decide on surgery. You are in a tough spot. Were you ever pregnant with the herniated disc? It would be nice to talk with you about backs.
    ollu2006

Answer by ollu2006 at 1:02 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I have worked in surgery for a long time and back surgery is the last thing I would suggest to anyone...have you talked to a pain management doctor...they can give you a series of injections (if you're a candidate) and there are MANY people that find relief from taht......I would exhaust EVERY option out there before resorting to back surgery....Im so sorry you are having problems....especially back problems. But a lot of docs are very anxious to cut someone open. Just make sure you know ALL of your options and if you still need it then make sure you do a lot of research on which doctor would be the best for you.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:03 AM on May. 28, 2009

• ollu2006...you are perfect for pain management...that's exactly what they treat without having to have surgery....
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:04 AM on May. 28, 2009

• If you are still undecided, it is best that you try to weigh things and harbor more professional opinions. DePuy

pinnaclelawsuit

Answer by pinnaclelawsuit at 3:48 PM on Mar. 12, 2012