Anyone else missing their pet?

We had to have our beloved Oliver, a Brittany Spaniel, put to sleep today due to internal bleeding from cancer. He was 12 years old. He was a noisy, funny, overactive, obstinate, cuddly, and loving dog. We will always miss him.

Tell me about the pets you miss.

DEpley

Asked by DEpley at 12:41 AM on May. 28, 2009 in Pets

• We lost our boy Angus on Sunday. He was a 10 year old English Mastiff. He is missed terribly. The only positive is that he died here at home with his family doing what he enjoyed, playing ball. He suffered a stroke. We have lost many a companion over the years and it does not get easier. Each loss is unique and each loss hurts as bad as the last. It will get better in time.

equusvetgal

Answer by equusvetgal at 9:23 AM on May. 28, 2009

• PJ my cat...She was an inside cat and escaped from the house without anybody knowing it. We found her on the side of the road the next morning =(...NOTE: DON"T let anybody critize you for grieving...he was a family member and you feel the loss... We had PJ 5 years and I still miss her especially when I sit in my chair....
    GmaPam7257

Answer by GmaPam7257 at 1:03 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I had a pit ironically named, Vick and I just recently had to give him away because I was moving. He is a chocolate and white, red-nosed pit and he was so playful. Contrary to most people's beliefs he was not vicious at all, he was very child-like especially because he was on 18 months old.

Showmans_wifey

Answer by Showmans_wifey at 3:09 AM on May. 28, 2009

• My cat, Chipper, - he's the one in my avatar picture. He was very funny and sweet. And timid- I called him Chicken Cat. He was my guard cat- when somebody came down the driveway I wouldn't hear the truck but I'd hear the cat door to the basement slam and knew Chipper was running from what he considered a threat. He would bump against me when he wanted attention, and when I would put my shoes on to go out he would look so sad. He was a good kitty. He died suddenly at age 10, much too soon. We came home from vacation and found him dead. He was an inside only cat. He died between the time our catsitters were there that morning and the time we got home about noon. I miss him terribly.

Answer by Bmat at 8:32 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I had a cat named Sweetie. She was the most adorable, affectionate cat EVER. She got outside one day and my uncle came home and told me he saw her on the side of the road. She got hit by a car :[. She was the only cat I ever had that had kittens, even though she ate the first litter (yuck) but I miss her.
    KareemsMami

Answer by KareemsMami at 8:46 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Oh boy.....my beautiful chocolate lab ,Amber, passed away last summer at the age of 8...we were buddies :( We would go on long walks everyday and she rode with me in my car everywhere. Life without her has never been quite the same ya know?
    jokermom

Answer by jokermom at 9:52 AM on May. 28, 2009

• my Siberian husky, Nikita. she was so playful and crazy. she lad the most beautiful ice blue eyes, and she looked like she had thick black eyeliner on. she was just the prettiest dog, and i loved taking her to the SPCA Dog Jog every year. she developed a rather large growth in her chest, and was so spunky she never let on that anything was bothering her until it was too late. she just collapsed one day and never recovered in time for us to get the necessary tests done to find out exactly what was wrong. she was too young.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 10:26 AM on May. 28, 2009

• My heart goes out to you OP! Or, anyone who loses a pet. I still grieve for our losses.

I miss our beloved dalmation Sam E. Boy. He's been gone for 4 yrs. this June. We had to put him down to a tumor that was eating his body away from the inside out. We rescued him from a shelter...we think he was about 13 or 14 when he passed. We actually had him for 12 of those years. I remember the day we picked him...he kept rubbing his face/head on the chain link fence looking at us..like, pick me. That later became known as the pound puppy rub..which he continued to do. In his prime he weighed 90 lbs. I know...a bigger dalmation. He was loving, loyal, and amazing. He is still dearly missed and, always will be.
    We also lost our poodle Jacques to an accident 2 yrs ago this July. He jumped out of our dd's hands onto the deck. He was only 3 lbs. We think he broke his back. I think the sudden death made it harder for me personally.
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 11:08 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I have lost 3 childhood best friends in 3 years. My setter mix in march she was 12 and my absolute best friend. Beofre that was my springer spaneil who made it to 15! in july last year and before that was my very sweet bassett mix who had a lot of health issues but miraculously made it to 11 that was in April of 07' I miss them all depserately. We grew up together and they were like a bridge to my childhood
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 12:28 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Chango....a beloved weiner dog with attitude. He blew out two discs in his back (Doxi back) and had to be put down about five years ago. Sure do miss that lil dude....he was such a riot.

Corey....humongous lab/border collie mix. She had to be the sweetest and most gentle dog that I have ever known. Very good natured, obedient and crazy smart! She passed away this past October due to stomach cancer.

Sure do miss my doggie friends!
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 5:43 PM on May. 28, 2009