Im 18, will have my baby when im 19? Anyone else?

My boyfriend and I are going to sit down with my parents next weekend, after my drs apt. Any tips? and has anyone gone through this before? How did it go?...thanks!

ElizabethDawn

Asked by ElizabethDawn at 12:49 AM on May. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• I got pregnant when I was 18 and had my son when I was 19. I told my mom right away and then told my dad later on that night. My mom was extremely happy and my dad just said that he already knew and I could tell that he was very happy too. My BF ended up leaving me and so my parents were definently by my side throughout the whole thing and still are there for us.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I turn 18 on tuesday and i'm due 10 days after that! [:
    All I can say is good luck. Sometimes parents get really mad at first.
    but it will get better
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 1:01 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I was 20, I pretty much did the chicken shit approach. He proposed to me after we found out I was pregnant, called my mom and dad (we didn't live in the same town, I had my own place with a roommate) and told her he proposed. And that I was pregnant. 8 years later everything is totally cool. She might be mad at first, but she will love the baby the second she sees it.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 1:02 AM on May. 28, 2009

• BTW it is not acceptable in my family to get pregnant without being married first. That's why we got engaged before I told her.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 1:03 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I got preg at 17 and had her at 18... Telling my parents didn't go so well... my mom flipped. She knew who the father was and did not like him at all and kept asking if I was sure he was the father! Well of course I was sure! She said she would rather it have been a one night stand than him. My dad on the other hand stopped talking to me and refused to believe it. BUT, though they were not happy in the slightest (which I think had more to do with who the father was than the fact that I was preg) they always stood by me. Especially once my baby was born, it was nothing but joy. It may be tough in the beginning but just remember that it will all work out.
    Lovejoy0303

Answer by Lovejoy0303 at 1:54 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I was 19 when I had my daughter.... my mother wanted me to give my baby up for adoption... which I got upset about!!! My father on the other hand took it well... thats a little backwards for my parents, usually mom is happy, dad is mad!
    Just be prepared for anything!!!!
    Good luck and congrats!!!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 2:01 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Only you know your parents but sometimes they're reactions can be a bit suprising i had my baby girl when i was 19. mom was mad at first .. but soon we started shopping for baby clothes and things.. and she was happy.. so all in all.. they might be upset at first... but they'll love your bundle of joy.. now i feel my parents love my daughter more than they love me lol
    good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I'm 17. I'll be 18 for 2 months when the baby is born. I've only known for a month and my mom still ignores me and calls me a failure. Then again, you're a legal adult already. My boyfriend is 18 and his parents decided they can't do anything because he's an adult and they were so mad at first, but now they're wayyy more supportive than i ever thought possible.
    lindseyx17

Answer by lindseyx17 at 3:15 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I got pregnant at 16. Both families were incredibly thrilled, which was quite shocking. I think I took it the hardest! Three years later, we have a little man that's the light of our lives. It is extremely tough to tell them at first (no matter how they take it!) but you must remember that what's done is done and they need to focus on the end result now-- a precious little baby!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:08 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I got preggers at 19, and had my dd at 19, my SO is 14 years older than me. My mom had me at 20, my dad 21. My momwas really mad cut me off and wouldnt talk to me unless i would have n abortion, mwhich i didnt. My other family memeber werent happy but they accepted me and helped me, My dad who i really didnt have a relationship with, was happy for me and helped me through it. Honestly they will be mad in the beginig but after time they will get over it espically when the baby is born, so it might be tough in the beginig, but it will get easier in the end
    usmcbaby21809

Answer by usmcbaby21809 at 4:56 AM on May. 28, 2009