I'm traveling with my 8 month old any tips to make that easier at packing ?

We travel a lot and wanted to know how to pack easier. Wanted to know how other moms pack when they travel for more than 5 days since there are millions of details to pack from diapers, pacifiers, bottles, formula, clothing, meds etc....Should I pack her own bag and then my Hubby and me in another one? how can i be more organized?
I would love to hear some ideas and thoughts. Tips.

Thanks!

lexilumom

Asked by lexilumom at 1:08 AM on May. 28, 2009 in Travel

• I would put all of the stuff that you will use frequently throughout the day in a diaper bag and keep it with you. Items like at least a few diapers, travel pack of wipes, travel size diaper rash cream, can of formula (or individual serving powder tubes) and bottle of water, paci and bottle, necessary meds (I have a travel size tylenol in my diaper bag), a burp rag or two if you still use them, 1 or 2 outfits. Also if your child eats solid food regularly, keep a jar of baby food and baby spoon, soft snacks for traffic troubles, etc, as well as a favorite small toy. I know it seems like a lot but I keep a small amount of a lot of items in the diaper bag and it works out great. I put all of my son's clothes (other than ones in the diaper bag) in with ours as well as the full supply of diapers, food, any toys, extra formula, and whatever else you "think" you'll need. I'm the queen of overpacking :)
    amyj1420

Answer by amyj1420 at 2:18 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I would streamline as much as possible..does a baby really need shoes?..I think socks are fine. Diapers( swimmers if needed)and wipes are things you can easily pick up anywhere so there is no need to overpack them. Meds ..your gonna want a fever reducer, ambesol, rash cream, always good to have saline drops and bulb again you don't need to go overboard because I'm sure there will be drugstores where ever you are. I like romper onsies for traveling I would keep it simple and mostly pack that with something pretty if you have formal plans. All I can think of right now. Are you flying?
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 9:50 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I bought those travel bags, the kind you vaccum out air. They also have kinds where you dont need a vacuum, you just roll it up and the air comes out. That saves a lot of room in your suitcase (and for you too!!).
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 4:12 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I always buy food, diapers, utensils, sometimes even bottles and such that I will need for the time that I'm gone at a local store when I get tehre.. I bring snacks, a few diapers, extra clothes, meds, and toys in the carry on and the rest in a suitcase. Usually 2 pairs of clothes for each person just in case your luggage gets lost. We have gotten 3 people.. 2 adults and 1 infant into one large suitcase and 2 carry ons. I usually determine one carryon for the baby and one for the adults. Pack an extra, carryon size bag in case you return with more than you left with and make sure at least ONE zips up in case you end up having to check it. Airports will check a FULL SIZE stroller for you (as long as you carry your child in it thru the airport) at the gate for no extra charge. (found that out the hard way) That's all that's coming t ome right now but I'm sure there's more I can offer. Esp if your not flying.. then PM me?
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 11:43 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Thanks to all the tips for packing! It's my first so I usually overpack everything just in case. But at the same time i want to keep things organized when I get there. I usually unpack and make a diaper station, feed station etc... at the hotel or home where we stay. Wanted to keep things easier and in place.

Thanks again!!
    lexilumom

Answer by lexilumom at 2:46 PM on May. 29, 2009