For Christians (or bible believers)

What if I don't accept God, but I don't reject him either? If I do not say there is no God, but I don't confirm that he really exists?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on May. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Jesus says, "He who is not with Me is against Me" Matthew 12:30. I looked it up in a commentary and it said, "What think ye of Christ, whose Son is He? That's basically the question. He doesn't leave you some little neutral corner here in which to stand, well, I really don't know that I have made a firm decision. Well, no decision is a decision. No decision is a "no" decision. "He that is not for me," He said, "is against me." You can't be neutral concerning Christ. He is too radical. He doesn't allow you any neutrality. You are for Him, or you are against Him. If you are not for Him, you are against Him. You cannot take a place of neutrality in regards to Jesus Christ."
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:56 AM on May. 28, 2009

• It's called being Agnostic.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Yes. Anon. I know what it's called.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Then that's what it is! I don't understand what you're asking. Are you asking what will happen to you eternally?
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 1:16 AM on May. 28, 2009

• well then like it says in the bible for u are neither cold nor hot so i will spit you out of my mouth(something like that)
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 1:19 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Well what does that mean?
    Am i forgiven or am i forever damned?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Your relationship with God is yours. Its not something you can search for in the Bible or religious regiment. This may take soul searching on your part. I hope you find what brings you peace

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:28 AM on May. 28, 2009

• "Well what does that mean?
    Am i forgiven or am i forever damned? "

That depends entirely on whether you believe God is a judge or is all forgiving.

You're 50-50. I personally think he's all forgiving.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:47 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Well what does that mean?
    Am i forgiven or am i forever damned?
    ---------------------------------
    "Since you are lukewarm and neither hot nor cold, I am going to spit you out of my mouth." Revelation 3:16.

In addition to what Cinnamon-mom posted, of course :-)

The one qualification to obtain salvation is to believe in Jesus. It doesn't matter if you don't actively reject the existance of God, if you do not put your faith in Jesus, you do not obtain salvation (John 4:16)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 3:28 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I'm answering from a Christian POV of course, because that's what I believe. If you don't follow Christianity, I don't expect my words to have any weight with you. I can only answer from what I know.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 3:30 AM on May. 28, 2009