How do I get my milk to flow better?

My milk had all but stopped. If I squeeze it really hard it will give me some, but it will not come out when I pump it. I don't think my son is getting enough to eat.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on May. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• First how old is your son. Why are you pumping?
    Next, you need to do exactly what I say....
    go right now to bed with your baby and nurse everytime he whimpers n cries. NO BOTTLE, NO PACIFIER!! He will help you get your milk back, not the pump or breast compressions
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 1:46 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Honey your baby will pull the milk out on his own. the pump only does a fourth of the sucking power a baby can do. Just put your baby on the breast and he will stop eating when he's full . another thing that helps with the flow is putting a warm rag on your breast and gently massaging from top of breast toward nipple GENTLY. ... but trust me ive breast feed 2 of my kids and my mom is a midwife and an Labor and delivery nurse so i hear this all the time...STOP PUMPINJG and let your baby do what he is suppose to do naturally ... also make sure he is latched correctly because that can cause unnecessary sucking and then he really wont be getting any....
    JeanieJazzysmom

Answer by JeanieJazzysmom at 2:17 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Some moms will NEVER get flow from the pump. Doesn't mean baby isn't getting milk.

COUNT DIPES. 6-8 per day means baby IS getting enough. ONLY thing that counts, nothing else.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:42 AM on May. 28, 2009