How do I wein my baby. Se has no interest in the bottle.

I've tried the playtex nurser and the soothie bottles. She takes the soothie pacifier just fine usually so I am stumped on y she won't take the bottles. I've used breastmilk and formula. Doesn't make a difference to her. She won't have anything but the breast. And I gotta start nursing school soon. I need some advise!

jaysbabymama09

Asked by jaysbabymama09 at 1:54 AM on May. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• pump!! start pumping right now.. dont wait until you are about to start school.. pump.. now, and freeze them and youll have them on hand....

but as far as her not taking the bottle.. have you tried DIFFERENT nipples? my daughter will only take dr browns bottles...slow flow nipple. nothing else... try a slow flow nipple, that feels more like a nipple and they have to work for the milk like a real nipple.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:59 AM on May. 28, 2009

• You don't need to wean just because you're going to school. Nurse when you're home. Simple. Let the caregivers handle the bottles. QUITE possible she'll never touch one and that is NOT a problem. Reverse cycling is very common.

stop trying to give bottles yourself. That's 99 percent of the problem most of the time.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:41 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I agree with the previous poster. Usually babies won't take a bottle from mom b/c they expect the boob :) Pump now, save for later, nurse when you are around and have her take bottles from everyone else.
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 6:48 AM on May. 28, 2009