whats wrong with my son.

okay so my son is two, he eats like 3 times a day and 3 snacks.. so basically a balance meals. we take him to the park to run around and get tired.. and he doesnt take a nap in the middle of the day. so tell my why he wont go to sleep at bedtime? he use to.. but for about a week now he hasnt been wanting to go to bed when i tell him to.. or anythign.. uhhg help?

MommaBear1129

Asked by MommaBear1129 at 1:58 AM on May. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• hmmm. idk. that could be realted to a lot of things.
    try giving him a baby massage before bed.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:00 AM on May. 28, 2009

• could be milk drank right before bed.. there's a lot of sugar in milk! Or processed foods. pm me if you want help!
    averillholistix

Answer by averillholistix at 2:10 AM on May. 28, 2009

• what time does he wake up?
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 2:17 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Maybe he overly tired. He will have trouble winding down. I know my son does so I make him take a nap or sit and watch a movie with me to relax so he will be tired when it comes bed time. He should still take a small nap. I know my mom's preschoolers take an 1-2 hr nap and they are 3-4 yrs old.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 3:16 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I would say he's overtired. Kids still need a nap at that age, or at the very least a resting period in the afternoon. Have a time for like an hour where he has to lay in his bed and can read or quietly play but he has to be calm and quiet, set the mood with a dark room and maybe quiet music. When I used to do that with kids I'd nanny for, 9 times out of 10 they'd end up falling asleep. It's so hard for them to calm down sometimes, you kinda have to make it look appealing :)
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 6:55 AM on May. 28, 2009

• My first reaction is that he's overly tired. Encourage him to take a nap in the middle of the day or at least have "quite time" to relax.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:59 AM on May. 28, 2009

• We had a similar problem with our 2 yr old. Getting him to sleep was a battle every night. In our case it started a few weeks after we moved him to a bed (which he seemed to have adjusted to just fine). I agree with the other postings that part of the problem may be he's overtired and can't settle. When my son won't nap, I put him in the stroller later in the afternoon and invariably he'll sleep for 45 minutes or so. Jsut enough to take the edge off. At night, we use to sit in the room with him until he fell asleep. However, he had to stay in his bed. If he got out, we left the room. Each night we went through his usual routine, put him into bed and left. If he screamed, we went back in to sit. Eventually he just went back to his usual routine and now goes down in a few minutes. If you sit with him, do not interact with him! Be boring! Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I was also going to say over tired.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 2:33 PM on May. 28, 2009