Name brands and such.

We all know that the off brand products work just as well, if not better sometimes, than the name brand products. Sometimes we just have to buy the name brand. So what are some Name brand products that you just won't let yourself buy in the off brand? A few of Mine are Johnson's ( Baby shampoo/ wash / bath/baby products ), Huggies Supreme diapers with cuddleweave &, Huggies wipes ( They hold up the best for me ), and Tylenol ( baby tylenol ). So what are yours?

lynnseyfaye

Asked by lynnseyfaye at 2:22 AM on May. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• hmm. cant think of any now. Before i went green it was Kraft mac and cheese. No other kind would do. But i'm green now and Kraft is 2 dollars a box if you want the organic kind so i buy other stuff.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:26 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I use to only buy Heinz ketchup, but now I use the store brand. It tastes the same since my SO introduced it to me. Oh the generic frosted shredded mini wheats! They taste better to me and are way cheaper. Tried generic toilet paper, but had to go back to Charmin.

I tried all the different diapers and I like walmarts parents choice. I can't think of any others right now.
    Jeckers

Answer by Jeckers at 2:38 AM on May. 28, 2009

• ANYTHING TO HELP ME SAVE.LOL I AM A MOTHER OF FOUR
    LOVELYMELLI

Answer by LOVELYMELLI at 2:54 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Huggies diapers. they are the only ones that hold for my son. Pampers don't even work.
    Laundry detergent I use name brand,usually tide or gain. Love the smell but the softener sheets I buy the store brand.
    Johnson's shampoo,I don't buy the store brand. its not worth saving a $1 for it.
    I know there is more but i can't think of it...
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 3:01 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Luvs diapers!!! I live by them!!! Also... we tend to like the generic brands of cereals too... they are super yum! I hate store brand soda pop products... I like the name brands of those! LOL
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 3:08 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Huggies diapers & wipes, Scott's toilet paper, Folger's coffee, Coffeemate brand creamer, any name brand laundry detergent - never the store brand, we never use Suave, and just about everything else we try to buy in the most cost-effective way as long as the quality is as good and the ingredients are equal. Taste also matters.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:17 AM on May. 28, 2009

• i like the target brand formula, wipes, diapers,baby wash, and, there mac-n-cheese i will use store brand condiments peanut butter pretty munch there is alot of things that we will use store brand laundry soap is one of those things that i try not to buy storebrand but if i need it and its my last few dollars then i will
    heidim229

Answer by heidim229 at 6:59 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Ditto on the diapers and wipes thing. I use Huggies as well. I prefer baby magic soap, Gain laundry detergent, I guess thats about it.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:21 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Have to have name brand....IAMS (dog is allergic to other brands), Dawn dishsoap, Cascade dishwasher detergent (I hate spots and Cascade is the only one I've tried that won't leave spots) and Always sanitary pads. Anything else can be store brand.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:26 AM on May. 28, 2009

• We used to buy everything store brand because we were poor and you have to make ends meet somehow. The only things we bought name brand were A1 Steak sauce and Heinz ketchup (although if we were desperate we'd buy store brand ketchup but replace it with Heinz as soon as we could, lol).
    Otherwise everything else was store brand even formula, wipes and diapers. We've been buying Costco brand diapers and wipes (Kirkland brand) since my oldest was a baby. The diapers are almost identical to Huggies and the wipes are the best we have ever tried. We still use them even though we haven't had a kid in diapers since November.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:09 AM on May. 28, 2009