Question for exercise buffs...

I just did an exercise video "Walk away the pounds two mile walk". I couldn't stop yawning during the walk and now my hands and feet are burning. Feels scalded. Is this normal? I am wiped out. I thought that exercising creates more energy, a sort of high? I can barely move.

SusieD250

Asked by SusieD250 at 2:27 AM on May. 28, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• you should start off slower. you're moving things to quickly. your bodies not used to the extra circulation and oxygen you just pumped through your body.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:28 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I have been doing the one mile walk every day for two weeks. It left me wanting more. I have no problem actually doing the two mile. It is just I was yawning. What you said makes sense though. I bet it is a circulation thing.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:36 AM on May. 28, 2009

• When you exercise, lactic acid builds up and can cause muscle pain and fatigue. I agree with outstanding love. You might be starting out above your level, especially if you're out of shape or haven't worked out in a while. Exercise can and will make you more energetic, but your body isn't going to do it in one day. Keep doing it and you'll notice your body adjusting to it. The more you do it, the better you feel.

PinkDiamond717

Answer by PinkDiamond717 at 2:38 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I don't think that the burning makes sense just because you went from one to two miles. The burning and the yawning say to me that oxygen intake isn't enough. I'd suggest that you consult a doctor about this to rule out things like asthma or circulation trouble. I wonder if you'd post an update so we can find out what you discover about this problem?

Answer by Bmat at 8:10 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Sometimes when I walk outdoors (generally I walk/run on the indoor track at the gym), my hands begin to swell. I'm less likely to continue to drink as I walk b/c of no bathroom facilities which is another good reason why I use my track. But, to your question..Make sure you are getting enough water to drink all during the day. This might help eleviate some of the symptoms you are describing.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 3:38 PM on May. 28, 2009

• The yawning is probably from not breathing enough, when you are doing it make sure you are taking deep breaths make them as rythmic as possible. This takes consentration trust me.
    Anonymous