when is it going to happen

I am 40 weeks pregnant just found out im 4 cm dialated, 80 percent effaced, and waiting for the baby to come the doctor says she can feel the baby head when she checks me. what can i do to help the labor, my stomach has been hard off and on all day does that mean anything or no?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 AM on May. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sex, I heard was good. Walking was good. and I think its called Caststo Oil Somehting like that is suppose to help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Oh you poor thing. The stomach getting hard and then relaxing Those are most likely little contractions. Try walking around, Or have Sex if you are that far along I am pretty sure sex will get things moving. I wish you all the luck and the baby comes soon. But just try to relax as much as possible while you can.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Castor oil...............mix it with a frosty from wendys and the baby willcome within couple hours u can get it at wal-mart..or have sex doggy style.....doggy tyle went into labor 1st prego.......castor oil went into labor second prego
    JeanieJazzysmom

Answer by JeanieJazzysmom at 2:57 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Castor oil is bad, don't use that.
    It can cause the baby to poop inside of you.
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 3:03 AM on May. 28, 2009

• sex and walking.
    castor oil can make you miserable, and can make baby have a bm inside, and could end up making baby sick.

just relax, it will happen when its time :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:59 AM on May. 28, 2009

• THE ONLY 2 THINGS I HEAR THAT WILL HELP ARE SEX, AND WALKING. those on and off contractions are so annoying especially when they keep coming and won't get any stronger...(i've been having em for the last 2 wks back to back and still nothing.) I AM 37 wks today and i can't wait to get her out!!lol U can also ask ur doc about having ur membranes swept..it might help.
    I had it done w/ my last pregnancy and my daughter was 4 days early. BETTER THAN BEING OVER DUE.GOOD LUCK!!!
    Aneq

Answer by Aneq at 12:29 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I'm 39 weeks and 4 days pregnant, today and I am not dialated, 40% effaced, cervix is high and soft (not thin or thick)...my midwife says it doesn't mean a thing...it can all change in an instant. We'll see? Hoping to go into labor on my own on June 1st! I've been getting lots of strong braxton hicks contractions and menstrual-like cramps, muscle cramps and pain in my pubic/pelvic/tail/hip bones! I've been trying to walk as much as I can, it's really hard for me right now though. I'm also taking evening primrose oil and bouncing on my birthing ball and sex when not in too much discomfort. We'll see what happens? Good luck to you. We're both so close!!!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 1:12 PM on May. 28, 2009