swelling?

so my doctors told me to watch for swelling in my feet and hands cuz i have warning signs of Preeclapsima[sp?]
but they didnt tell me what to do if my legs swelled up...
like from the top of my knee down to my ankle is all swollen and my feet and ankles itch EXTREMELY bad.. like worse then when i had the chicken pox when i was little..

any one have any idea why this would happen and/or what i should do about it?

i just had a doctors appointment today and everything looked fine no protein in my urine.. they took some blood to some blood work
there was sugar in my urine but they checked my blood sugar and it was normal.

oh and me feet and legs hurt.. like i feel like ive been up working hard on them all day.. but i havent im on bed rest the only place i went was to the doctors..

mrsdemchuck

Asked by mrsdemchuck at 2:55 AM on May. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• dont eat anything salty!!! It makes you swell more!!!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 3:02 AM on May. 28, 2009

• i know not to eat things with a lot of sodium in them..
    and i havent been..
    i even stopped eating sunflower seeds which have been my biggest addiction since i quit smoking when i found out i was pregnant
    mrsdemchuck

Answer by mrsdemchuck at 3:09 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Try to keep your feet elivated. If they are hurting from the swelling then sit in a warm bath for about 20 min or so and when you get out put on some socks that go up higher. That helps keep the water retainment out of your feet and legs. Hope this helps.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 3:15 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Yeah elevate your feet! Have someone massage your feetseys... and.... I know you said you are on bed rest, but I know that being in the sun makes it bad too!!! Sorry i cant help more! Good luck!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 3:21 AM on May. 28, 2009

• thanks =]
    i actually just took a bath before i posted this =]
    the swelling wouldnt be so bad if it wasnt for the Itching...
    i cant stand it
    mrsdemchuck

Answer by mrsdemchuck at 3:22 AM on May. 28, 2009

• The only thing I have to add that I don't already see is to make sure you're drinking plenty of water.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 2:06 PM on May. 28, 2009