IM SOO READY TO HAVE MY BABY BUT SHE WONT COME. IM 5DAYS OVER DUE AND IM NOT DIALTING OR HAVIN CONTRACTIONS CLOSE ENOUGH TO BE IN ACTIVE LABOR IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO MAKE HER COME OUT ALREADY PLZ LEAVE SUGGESTIONS

IVE DONE WALKIN,SWIMMIN,& IDK WHAT ELSE TO DO

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:26 AM on May. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• hi, my first was due on the 27th of july and didn't arrive untill the 6th of aug after 3 days in labour!! i tried everything from castor oil! red rasberry leaf tea and tablets the lot bumpy car rides believe me if it could be done i did it untill one day i was really bored!! went out onto the back garden and cut up three bags of wood now and that started it now i went bent over and rocking with the motion of the sawing i spoke to my midwife after i had her and appaerntly it was the baby was being pushed by me into my cervix as i bent forward this started my contraction!! try squatting and bouncing this also worked for my sister who was 5 days overdue

hope this helps
    mum2oneandabit

Answer by mum2oneandabit at 6:36 AM on May. 28, 2009

• The walking will work... keep walking. Have you talked to your doctor? My doctor induced when I was only one week late..
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 6:39 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Mint leaves works!!!! We were at a wedding rehearsal and there were mint leaves in the salad. My hubby told me not to eat it because it induces labor and our son was the ringbearer!! Our food was served very late and I WAS STARVING!!!! I ate every bite of the salad and sure enough I went into labor within 5 hours!!!! I missed my baby in the wedding but it sure was cute having him visit his new sister in the hospital in his little tux!!! Hope this helps!! Good Luck :)
    babycakes93

Answer by babycakes93 at 7:32 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Take a drive down a bumpy road- have sex if ur doctor says its ok, as long as ur not dialated Im pretty sure the sex will do it- my hubby is a nurse and it worked for us.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:36 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I tried it all as well, walking, sex, the teas and even eating pineapple. I didn't really progress until I relaxed! Go figure! I would say go to the spa and get a pedicure, there are certain acupucture points they hit when they message your feet that can help with labor. If nothing else you'll have pretty feet!
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 10:20 AM on May. 28, 2009

• it will happen when your baby is ready...your body will do the work when it's time...hopefully, right? that's what i hear too.

i'm right there with you though, i'm 39 weeks and 4 days pregnant, today and have so much pain and discomfort everywhere...it's awful...but, i'm going to be patient and pray that my baby boy comes soon. i need to go into labor on my own because i'm trying a VBAC. i'm not dialated as well yet, 40% effaced, cervix is high and soft, not thick or thin........but, my midwife says that doesn't mean a thing... i'm hoping i will go into labor a day after my due date, june 1st, the day my daughter turns 18 months old. i've been taking evening primrose oil 1,000mg a night and bouncing on my birthing ball, walking a little, sex... we'll see?! good luck to you!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 1:05 PM on May. 28, 2009

• well my grandma usually say : go take a walk on the beach! the sand those the work for you... and it did help my cousin so try it
    Xiomie

Answer by Xiomie at 4:37 PM on May. 28, 2009