my little one i 9 months and has nevr slept more than 4 and a half hours at nght. is that ok?

in the very beggining she had a few complications. and then after that she got a really bad ear infection. after that she seemed fine but still wouldnt hardly sleep at night.

ilmilu00

Asked by ilmilu00 at 7:26 AM on May. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• does she sleep with you? In your bed or in your room? If so it could be that shes a light sleeper and your keeping her up without even knowing it. That was the case with my little one. She didn't sleep through the night until she was over a year old, thats because we finally put her in her own room. I think me and DH were waking her up without even knowing it
    geminishadow79

Answer by geminishadow79 at 8:39 AM on May. 28, 2009

• She should be getting 14 hours of sleep a day. If she is napping a lot the rest of the time you are fine. You might want to try and keep her up more between her daytime naps to encourage her to sleep longer at night.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:41 AM on May. 28, 2009

• she only takes like two naps in the day and the combined time is about an hour and a half.
    ilmilu00

Answer by ilmilu00 at 7:48 AM on May. 28, 2009

• try to keep baby up after 5pm bath ceral then bed this works well for me 6 kids of my own ,now 3 grandkids that im raising 11 ,9 ,5mo
    SAM3957

Answer by SAM3957 at 7:52 AM on May. 28, 2009

• My four month old started sleeping through the night a few weeks ago. What helped was doing a bedtime routine. She gets her bath then we eat and she falls asleep around 9pm. I put her to bed and she doesn't get up until 6am. She also doesn't nap at all from about 4:30PM on. We play and keep busy until bath time.
    mrsandisharp

Answer by mrsandisharp at 8:47 AM on May. 28, 2009

• my dd has a bed time routine, and she sleeps in her own room.. she'll be 3 in july & still dosen't sleep all night, so idk what to tell you, good luck :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:20 AM on May. 28, 2009

• My bf child did not sleep through the night until he was 16 months old. He was up every 2--4 hours. Then at 16 months old, he began sleeping 14 hours at night and a four hour nap during the day.

I was jealous of moms that had babies who slept all night early on.

mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 9:27 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Its sounds not normal, but my DD will be 10 months tomorrow and she is the same way. I'm about to go crazy if I don't get some sleep!
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 9:36 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Mine was like this. Talk to your doctor so he can rule out any healthy issues if not... well it's normal for your child... they're all differant :)

From one until mine was two she slept four hours, woke up slept four more and that was it. 8 hours a night, maybe a 1-2 hour nap. As soon as she started sleeping through the night with out waking up at all the napping stopped completely.

Even now at age 9 she stays up untill 9 or 10 at night (some times later) and wakes up on her own at 6 or 630.
    TabathaM

Answer by TabathaM at 9:39 AM on May. 28, 2009

• My oldest daughter slept through the night since the ay she was born! My youngest daughter yeah she's complete oppisite! She wakes up anywhere between 2 and 5 times a night! I have a routine with my kids and that seems to help too! Also try giving a snack before bed! She may be waking up b/c of hunger! My youngest eats so much more then my oldest! Do you have any soothing music for her? That could work too! Try playing with her an hr before bedtime to get her sleepy!
    usaf_wife_2005

Answer by usaf_wife_2005 at 10:03 AM on May. 28, 2009