Vacation in July, Baby starting milk, Should I wait until after Vac.?

Maybe it would be easier to start milk after Vac., because there is a 2 hr, flight, 1 hour lay over, then a 1 hour flight, then a 2 hr. drive, then a 6 hr. drive the next day. Staying in 2 diffrent hotels. Touring Mount Rushmore area. How can I take a cooler with milk everywhere, plus a diaper bag? THe airline onlylets u take 1 carry-on per persob, I have a diaper bag, plus books and toys and snack and extra clothes for baby, diapers- ( I figure I already have 2 bags full not including a cooler). Anybody try that next step formula- would this be ok to take on vac.? I usually take small bottles of spring water to mix with. * My 1st big trip with baby- any ideas?

pamom222

Asked by pamom222 at 7:27 AM on May. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• I tried to make only one big change at a time. So my choice would be to hold off on a milk switch until after the vacation.

Answer by Bmat at 7:50 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Shoot, I'd switch to milk before leaving. Much less to haul around. But then I only gave milk with meals...water and/or juice at other times for drinks.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:20 AM on May. 28, 2009

• If I were you I would switch to milk now...I started both mine on milk right before they turned a yr. old..like maybe a week or so before...but then I only gave them milk first thing in the morning and right before bed when they first started drinking it...they had water and occasionally juice in between...I would think it would be less to haul around because you can always buy milk when you land at your destination if need be...but its totally up to you...I don't think it would hurt him if you want to wait until after vacation...I never used the next step formula, so can't help ya much there...it was obviously cheaper to buy milk so thats another reason I didn't even bother with next step. Have fun on your vacation.
    happymom511

Answer by happymom511 at 1:02 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I see your point. It is easy to travel with powdered formula and water, no refrigeration needed. I think I would wait for the change.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:50 PM on May. 28, 2009