• In the Spotlight:

Washer Advice

I need a new washer. Anybody have a new or semi-new model and have any advice? Any help would be great, I've had my old one since time began so I have no idea what the new space age looking ones are like.

GMR

Asked by GMR at 8:11 AM on May. 28, 2009 in Home & Garden

• My Kitchen Aide is 3 years old and no trouble so far. It holds huge loads and has all the settings I want. My GE that I had for years had a mildew smell that I couldn't get rid of even with a repairman's help, so I wouldn't get GE again.

Answer by Bmat at 8:16 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I have a Frigidaire front loader. I love it! Uses less detergent & water. My clothes are always clean. Holds huge loads. Has time delay setting. It was well worth the money.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:27 AM on May. 28, 2009

• For sure I would get a front loading one and they use less water and soap and you don't have to lay the clothes evenly around an adjator and worry about if the washer is balanced or not, the front loaders balance themselves out! They are awesome! We got our Kenmore at Sears after thanksgiving day sale for super cheap, it's not the biggest one but works for what we need it for at this time. They are all so nice, just go and shop around a little!
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 8:28 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I have a GE top loader and I love it! It holds a lot and gets the clothes really clean. It is on the other side of the house but we never really hear it. I would have liked to have had a front loader but when it just came down to it we couldn't afford it. However I did research them because I really wanted one and the most cost affective with the best reviews that I found was the Frigidaire. My Dad and Step-Mom just bought a set and they love it. Due to my research I was able to give my Step-Mom a heads up on leaving the washer door open and wiping it out after a wash to keep from getting the mildew smell. So far so good.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 10:10 AM on May. 28, 2009