what can you do for a colicky baby

My cousin little girl is about a month old and if shes not eating or sleeping then she is crying! Sh has her nights and days mixed up too, If any one has any advice that would be great, I dont know how to help i never went through this.

CourtnieR

Asked by CourtnieR at 8:12 AM on May. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• colicky babies like to be held alt...and make sure you burp them as much as possible and hav e her ask her pediatrician about Mylicon to relieve gas....
    mamabee247

Answer by mamabee247 at 8:30 AM on May. 28, 2009

• My son cried from the time he was one week old until he had a hernia operation at 5 months old.
    I got tired of doctors telling me he could not atand my mommies milk, or the formaual did nto agree with him , or that he was just colicky. I know something was terribly wrong with him.
    mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 9:30 AM on May. 28, 2009

• My daughter had colic and we had to put her on a soy formula. They also have a hypoallergenic one too. the mylicon helps too. The babies that I've cared for like to be rocked on their tummy on my knees, they like to be swaddled snuggly in a blanket...not too tight. We also bought a small unit that vibrates and it can be attached to a car seat or cradle. The movement sometimes helps them be more content. My heart goes out to you. I know how helpless you can feel and no one gets enough restful sleep. Good luck.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 11:16 AM on May. 28, 2009

• My girl was fussy and colicky from around 3 wks-8 wks. We rocked her, bounced with her on a yoga ball, and did the 5 s's on her. It was horribly frustrating and I thought I'd lose my mind, but it does end! They say the height of colic is at around 6-8 wks. and that was my daughter exactly. Now that she's 12 wks, she's way better, just like a normal baby.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 4:17 PM on May. 28, 2009