would you let somebody with AIDS or HIV babysit your child if you knew them well and trusted them

A good freind of mine from HS is watching my son fora few hours this weekend for us,. i know he has AIDS but i also know my child cant get it just from playing with him.. and i know he is responsible and not going to share body fluids with my child.. i have no problem with him wacthing my son.. im just wondering how others feel about this for thier children but it will not change my decision

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 8:16 AM on May. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• I wont ake a chance like that with the most precious thing in my life. Even if ther is only a 1% chance- im not taking it. You can do what u feel comfortable with- that is a personal decision.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I would and have.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 8:21 AM on May. 28, 2009

• anon, there is not a chance it can happen
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:22 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I agree with your feelings.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 8:27 AM on May. 28, 2009

• If I trusted the person then yes I would allow them to watch my child.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:31 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I agree with you. I have a friend with full blown AIDS and she takes good care of herself and no one in her family has contracted it from her. Obviously, she knows how to take care of herself. I let her hold and play with my child. I would be very concerned if she didn't take care of herself, but your friend sounds like mine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on May. 28, 2009

• when my DD was a newborn i had a friend with aids and he would play with her and change her diapers. i trusted him and his lover. my kids call him there aunt to this day and my kids are 12 and 15.
    okc-mom-2

Answer by okc-mom-2 at 10:10 AM on May. 28, 2009

• No.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 1:32 PM on May. 28, 2009

• As long as your friend is careful and knows how to prevent fluid to fluid contact. Like he should wear gloves if your child cuts himself and he has a cut on his hand for example. HIV is actually pretty hard to transmit without sexual contact or blood to blood contact. It's not going to be transmitted through saliva or sweat. Do some research on HIV transmission and you will feel a lot more comfortable once you see how hard it would be for him to give it to your child.

dreyamom

Answer by dreyamom at 1:50 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I actually lived with someone with AiDS and everything is fine. If hes responsible, and takes precautions, then no problem.
    amb_josh

Answer by amb_josh at 7:17 PM on May. 28, 2009