hOW DO YOU MANAGE TO BRUSH YOUR BABY'S TEETH?

MY DD IS A YEAR OLD AND SCREAMS.... ANYONE HAVE ANY GOOD ADVICE ON BRUSHING THEM? I SWEAR IT SOUNDS LIKE SHES BEING MURDERED

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 AM on May. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son did that at first; I had to hold him between my legs and hold his mouth open so I could get in there, then I got it done as quickly as possible. He's almost 2 now, and he'll come into the bathroom and stand there with his mouth open for me; in fact, he'll go in there sometimes and scream because he wants his teeth brushed, lol. Your persistence will pay off. Just keep at it so she knows it's not negotiable, and let her see you brushing your teeth every day (I think that's what did it for my son, he saw mommy and daddy doing it so he wants to, too), and she'll get there. :-)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:14 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I use an electric toothbrush with my daughter and she loves it. That's the only way she'll let me brush her teeth!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I just shove it in and try to get it done as quick as possible, not too hard since he only has 1 tooth so far. Not much help, huh? sorry
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 8:46 AM on May. 28, 2009

• You don't have to start brushing their teeth until they're 2... Most doctors will tell you not to. Cuz they're too young to spit out the toothpaste. My doctor told me if I felt it was necessary, to NOT use toothpaste, and to use my finger, not a toothbrush, because there gums are also too sensetive for a toothbrush.
    rufusshu

Answer by rufusshu at 9:19 AM on May. 28, 2009

• rufusshu-

Gerber has baby tooth paste. I think it's called grins & giggles, it doesn't have floride. And I think it depends on the doctor because mine said to start at like 6 months just to get the baby used to it.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 9:23 AM on May. 28, 2009

• We started when he got his first tooth and at first he didn't like it but now he opens right up... he's 10 months now.
    We use water and a toddler tooth brush
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:01 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I handed Emi a baby tooth brush when she was 6 months old. She chewed on it. Now she tries to move it around like she sees me doing and she opens her mouth to let me brush them.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 12:48 PM on May. 28, 2009