sleeping..HELP!

Hello Ladies,

I have a 10 moth old and i am very concerned about her sleeping habits.
She is waking up more and more as she is getting older.
We start a bath for at 830, and she is usually asleep with her bottle in my arms by 9. The last few weeks she seems to be getting up not to feed but bc she is uncomfortable or something. She is always moving in her crib, she is sleeping in the most weirdest way(ie but in the air, sleeping on one arm, all curled up in a ball on all fours)
I usually pick her up and she goes back to sleep, but then she gets up for her night time feeding at around 130-200. After that she only sleeps in stretches of 2-3 hrs at a time it feels.
I am sooooo tired, frustrated, angry and tired. Does my child have a sleep disorder? Am I doing something wrong? At times I am so tired in the morinin I bring her into our bed, but she is kicking, moving around and just cant get comfy....please help :(

brownie75

Asked by brownie75 at 8:32 AM on May. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• feed her baby cereal before you put her to bed... this will stick to her ribs and help her sleep at longer stretches. I would also try putting her to bed a little later... Start her bath at 9 or 9:30
    sassy43082

Answer by sassy43082 at 8:47 AM on May. 28, 2009

• My kid is 3 mos and that's her. She gets up every 2-3 hrs, although she never really did anything else. We use a sleep positioner to keep her in position. Is it possible that she is overtired or overstimulated? My kid is sensitive to that so we have to keep the room cool and quiet. Could you try getting her to bed earlier? Maybe her stomach hurts?? It's so hard to tell with these kids, but I feel you on the no sleep thing. I wonder if my kid ever will!
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 4:14 PM on May. 28, 2009

• don't put her to sleep with a bottle, it is horrible for their teeth, whether they have them already or not. try a soothing bedtime ritual that is always the same, like bottle, then bath and gum brushing, read a story, turn down the lights, some soft music and pat her back, but not until she is asleep, just close. this way she learns to fall asleep on her own. modify the routine to what works for the both of you.
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 3:03 AM on May. 29, 2009