How do you feel about California schools now teaching this curriculum promoting homosexuality?

Thoughts?

http://www.citizenlink.org/content/A000010110.cfm

No gay bashing, just your thoughts on this, like ----- what would you do if your child was in this school district? Would you leave them there, withdraw them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on May. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on May. 28, 2009

• First, it makes me glad that I don't live in California (like I needed one more reason).

Second, I teach my children to be tolerant of other people anyway. I would rather the school focus on academics. Perhaps rebuffing the bully policy, but I don't feel that it's the school's place to teach normalcy.  Who determines that anyhow?  The individual.  JMO.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:58 AM on May. 28, 2009

• It's not "promoting" homosexuality. It is merely showing children that it does not matter what sex or sexual orientation you are. That is not what makes a good or bad parent. Sex education classes aren't "promoting" sex, it's to inform kids and teach them. I applaud them for this decision. I would not remove my son from what I think is a forward thinking school. You cannot "make" someone be gay. You cannot do it. You are either born gay or you are not. This is not a step back, it is a step forward. So many children are raised to hate and fear and discriminate against people who are different. I say it's about time.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 9:02 AM on May. 28, 2009

• california is the sespool of sin
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Nobody is promoting anything.OP you should educate yourself first then post nonsense.

I would support the cause. Anything &everything to stop little kids hanging themselves only because other "brats "were bullying them at school.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I teach my children to be accepting of others no matter what. I don't agree with the homosexual lifestyle,but I'd never bash or harm anyone because of it,and my children have been taught the same. That being said, I think it's wrong to teach something like that in school. If they are going to teach acceptance and tolerance of that, why don't they also teach acceptance and tolerance of Christians? Why not teach acceptance and tolerance of the Bible? No different. These same people forcing that curriculum would yell and scream and beat a path to the ACLU's door if religion was even REMOTELY mentioned! Why should a person who doesn't agree with that chosen lifestyle choice have to be subjected to it, if they don't want to? It's no different,and for someone on the other side to say it is is more discriminatory than anything someone against it could ever say.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 9:11 AM on May. 28, 2009

• The Alameda School Board voted 3-1 on Tuesday in favor of a curriculum that promotes same-sex relationships beginning in the first grade.

I guess the appropriate question after learning this is, when are you prepared to start teaching your very young child comprehensive sex ed?  For me, this is WAY too early.  Let them be young and not think about sexual orientation at the ripe old age of 6-7!

Parents are not allowed to opt their kids out of the program, which school officials claim falls under "anti-discrimination” provisions.

At the age they want to start teaching this, I would definitely remove my child from this school and find a private school for him to go to.  The fact that they won't let parents "opt out" really bothers me.  Again, it just makes me happy I don't live there.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:12 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I don't see it as promoting anything. I think as more and more homosexuals realize from a young age that they are different the earlier they are able forge ahead with bravery.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 9:16 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I agree with you quinnmae. I'm just thankful to God I don't live there.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 9:16 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I reviewed my son cirriculum on this and opted to remove him from the class during this time. Most parents did including a little girl with lesbian parents. My son knows what gay marriage is he knows we are to be kind with all even those we disagree with. I did not like the fact they taught if you think gay marriage is wrong you are a bigot. It was in bold print. I am not a bigot because I disagree. I still hire gay people for my business and have gay friends. I don't picket or throw rotted food at them. They have done that to me at my chruch but I do not do that to them. My son is learning that tolerance is being kind and respectful to those we disagree with. His school taught if you did not embrace homosexuality you were a bad person. No one wanted that taught including the homosexual parents in the school. California does not care about kids just cares about turning them into Liberal robots.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on May. 28, 2009