I think my 22 mon. old is having night terrors?

My son has trouble sleeping. He gets up usually from 2-4. He wants rocked and after i put him back down he wakes up w/in 10 min. screaming. I 've tried everything. I watched him last night and he breathes real heavy then starts screaming. What can i do?

gavinsmoma

Asked by gavinsmoma at 9:07 AM on May. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• there is nothing that you can really do. if your son is haven night terrors and you touch them turn on a light make any sounds it will only make it worse. my daughter has night terrors and and i took her to the doctor and they told me to just leave her alone and let her get throw it and that she would grow out of it. she hast had one in a few months so i am hopen she is done with them. good luck to you and your lil boy
    mommy033

Answer by mommy033 at 9:11 AM on May. 28, 2009

• He is just having bad dreams. My daughter had them...I decided that after I had tried everything I could think of, I got a book and sat in her room with her on my lap, she had her thumb in her mouth and her little blanket. I read happy stories to her for about 30 minutes and she goes to bed. Since I started doing that, I notice she sleeps through the night again and no more bad dreams. Try to make her a very happy baby before you lay her down.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:12 AM on May. 28, 2009

• sorry i was talking about my daughter and said her when i meant him....make him a happy baby
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:13 AM on May. 28, 2009