at what age do your baby dont need a infant tub?

marli08

Asked by marli08 at 9:15 AM on May. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Dear Marli08,
    I would say it depends on a couple of things.I agree with somebody saying when they can sit up,but also when it feels ok to you. It took me forever to feel secure w / my first,Jacob. With Katie I am sure I did it sooner.(my 2nd child)Obviously if your child is larger than 'normal' children this might play a factor too-the size of the child.If the child is a little smaller maybe it needs a little more time.I AM NOT an expert though.I know I was different with both children though. Guess it's that confidence thing.
    Maidmomma
    maidmomma

Answer by maidmomma at 12:25 PM on May. 28, 2009

• when they can sit up in the batch tub
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I stopped when my kids started crawling and sitting up by themselves
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:18 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I never used a infant tub with my first I put her in the kitchen sink for the first 3 weeks, but she hated baths so she would scream bloody murder until I started to take a bath with her then after I was done giving her one I would yell for hubby to come and get her so I could get mine or I would get mine then yell for hubby to bring her into me, but that was a mistake cause I couldn't get her out of my baths until she was about 3 or 3 and a half lol she is 4 now.

My 16 month old I used a infant tub but only for the first month then what I did was put just enough water in the tub to give her a bath eith I layed her down in the tub and gave her a bath that way. Technically you don't need an infant tub really.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:20 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I never used an infant tub either. We attempted it once when we first brought her home and I said the HELL WITH IT! We took baths together up until she was about 1 1/2 and I could trust she wouldn't drown if i turned around for a second. She still crawls in with me sometimes and she's 5. She takes showers by herself and we introduced her to them as an infant. My husband would hold her while I washed, and I would hold her while he did... She loved it.
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 9:24 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I still use mine just because it doesn't take as long to fill up. And because I'm so anal about it I would have to clean the whole tub before I put him in every time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on May. 28, 2009

• i used it for first 4 months now i use the side tub that goes into the tub
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 9:47 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I never ended up using one with my second child....it was easier to cradle her in one arm and wash her while my 2 year old took a bath....to each there own I suppose :)
    jokermom

Answer by jokermom at 9:49 AM on May. 28, 2009

• My son still uses one and is 13 months. We are planning on stopping soon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I wouldn't have used one except we got one for my baby shower. With our son, my husband never used an infant tub. He was bathed in the sink until he was too big, then he was moved to a bit of water in the regular bathtub. We used the infant tub with our daughter until she was about 3 months old and was sitting up well.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 9:53 AM on May. 28, 2009