Bleeding...

I am somewhere between 6 and 8 weeks pregnant. Not completely sure where I'm at yet. Yesterday I had a little bit of pink blood. And this morning I'm bleeding a little bit of old brown blood. I have heard that it is normal to bleed in early pregnancy but it just makes me nervous... This IS infact normal isn't it? Or should I be worried?
Thanks Ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on May. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• To answer your question. This CAN be normal, but sometimes it can also be a sign of a miscarriage which sadly, was what happened to me last month. Started at 8 weeks, at 10 weeks I was diagnosed with a missed miscarriage. I would say contact you doctor and see if you can book an ultrasound ASAP and ask for blood work to check you HCG levels. I hope this isn't happening to you hun! I wish you the best and I hope the baby is okay.
    Soon2Be8489

Answer by Soon2Be8489 at 9:19 AM on May. 28, 2009

• yes it is normal, spotting and getting rid of old blood is natural. you should worry only if you are bleeding heavily or dark red blood or cramping. CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:19 AM on May. 28, 2009

• nothing to worry about... I did this for about 2 weeks when i was 8 weeks pregnant... and I now have a healthy 10 month old... I do believe they say like 60% of women will have this while they are pregnant
    mommy2b17MV

Answer by mommy2b17MV at 10:00 AM on May. 28, 2009

• i was 5 weeks when i started bleeding, but it was fine my doc told me that the placenta detached and retched in a different place causing me to bleed now im not saying my situation is the same as yours but you might want to just have you ob look and make sure everything is fine.
    NoahsMommy2009

Answer by NoahsMommy2009 at 10:48 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Hi there, I was just curious if you or your doctor have figured out what the cause of the bleeding is. I hope everything is going okay for you.
    Soon2Be8489

Answer by Soon2Be8489 at 1:53 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I don't have a doctor yet unfortunatly. I have to wait for medicaid to approve me first.... but the bleeding has stopped now. Thanks for the concern =]
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 8:43 AM on Jun. 1, 2009