How can I start cutting out calories while nursing?

I know its important to keep up the calories while nursing, but I feel like I use it as an excuse. My dd is 4 months- lets start making some calorie cut-backs. :) Thanks

kels81

Asked by kels81 at 9:27 AM on May. 28, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Check out Weight Watchers. They have a nursing mom program.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 9:27 AM on May. 28, 2009

• yeah you are able too look it up online how many calories you should be eating while nursing, I can't remember but most of the baby websites show it.
    Rebeccaroe

Answer by Rebeccaroe at 9:39 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I would start with simple changes.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors
    Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains a day
    Replace meat and dairy with bean, lentils and tofu. Be sure to eat a vitamin C source with an iron source (like kale or beans) to increase the abosption of the iron.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:28 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I would begin by making sure my calorie intake is totally from good clean foods. Junk calories are what makes the body fat and not work so well. Junk calories come from fast food, chips, sugar, soda, dessert, etc.

Calories from good lean protein choices, fresh steamed veg., fresh fruit and a serving of bread along with water to drink create a diet that is perfect for the body.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 10:32 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Thanks mama! I appreciate your answers!
    kels81

Answer by kels81 at 8:33 AM on May. 29, 2009