How long does potty training normally last before they are "trained"?

amommy2a2yrold

Asked by amommy2a2yrold at 9:43 AM on May. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Depends on your consistency. Your child is usually not considered fully potty trained until they go 30 days without accidents and sleep all night in underwear without having nightly accidents. An accident a week is considered potty trained. No more pull ups, no more pooping or peeing in their underwear, sleeping all night without peeing the bed is TRAINED. It depends on how consistent you are with your schedule.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:47 AM on May. 28, 2009

• The depends on a lot of factors. The child, the stage of readiness he was in before you started, if there are any outside changes, if everyone working with the training is consistent. With my son, we waited until he was about 2 months past 2 before we started and he was done in 4 months. Completely. But he was really ready when we started.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 9:47 AM on May. 28, 2009

• My oldest daughter who is 4 was fully trained at 1 1/2! She basically did it on her own! She was beyond ready and she has accidents here and there but it really depends on the child in my opinion! Every child is different!
    usaf_wife_2005

Answer by usaf_wife_2005 at 10:07 AM on May. 28, 2009

• My oldest took 2 weeks, my second son took a month.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 10:19 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I really ought to clarify so as to not panic you. We count from the time we bought the potty to the time he was trained. We didn't actively start trying to train for 3 months after we bought the potty. He just didn't seem ready yet, but we got it for him so he would get used to it before he was using it. So then it took about a month for us to get him out of diapers/pullups altogether, and he has never had a single accident at home.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:49 PM on May. 29, 2009