Should I do it?

I have been with my son's father for a little over 3 years. Our baby is 9 months and we live together. For some reason he just isn't interested in getting married. So I'm gettin kind of.... I don't know how to explain the feeling. I'm about ready to tell him "marry me or I'll go find someone else who will". I don't know if I should though.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on May. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• If you are happy and he is to then what is the benefit to hurry up and get married is it the last name or is it the fact of having the paperwork??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on May. 28, 2009

• *OP*

Both
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on May. 28, 2009

• If you have waited for him for 3 years to marry you and he still wont..You need to move on and find someone else that will..He just wants his cake and eat it too.Your already acting like your married,,he think why should I marry her.

Answer by louise2 at 9:58 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I was in this boat but reversed. I am the one that didn't want to get married. He came close to giving me the same line. Ya know what if he did I REALLY wouldn't have married him. It has nothing to do with whether or not I loved him or was committed to him. I have unresolved issues and until that is solved our relationship will stay as is. I wouldn't give him the marry me or get out line. I would instead ask him why he isn't interested in marriage and work from there. There is some underlying fear that he has about it.
    my3turtles

Answer by my3turtles at 10:06 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Does he want to marry you? If he does then ask him what the problem is.If he doesn't want to marry you now you know why your not married..or he hasn't asked you to marry him. But know the real reason why he doesn't want to marry you. first, then leave his sorry ass and go find someone better for you, I know you love him and he's the father of your 9 month old baby . Lifes hard , But if you really hurting you got to get out and move on . who knows maybe you two can even stay good friends .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Only give him that ultimatum if you're prepared for him to walk away from you.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:05 AM on May. 28, 2009

• If you didn't have a kid I would say go for it, but if you are happy aside from this, who really cares? Do you think it is best for your child to have a Mom and Dad who love each other? If getting pregnant didn't make him want to do it, I doubt you laying the law down will either!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:37 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Well, if you issue an ultimatum be prepared to stick to your guns or he will think you are a joke. So be VERY sure you are willing to leave if he refuses. Ultimatums do not usually go over very well with men in particular. Lord forbid they look whipped! Tread lightly my dear. I don't mean to be mean but maybe this is something you should have thought about before getting pregers.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:51 PM on May. 28, 2009