Should a mom with troubled teens and 19 yr old drop out of college?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on May. 28, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Absolutely not!!!! STAY IN SCHOOL. Let the 19 year old deal with their own problems, they are now an adult and should be treated as such. The other teens need to learn responsibility for their actions, mom can't be around all the time holding their hands and fixing their problems. DO NOT give up school.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:16 PM on May. 28, 2009

• No i don't think that dropping out of college is gonna show your troubled child anything but how easy it is for you to just give up on your dreams. Children learn from us parents and if we give up on everything then it does'nt show or teach them anything good. Your a mommy you can do both and it will be hard but trust in yourself that you can do it.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 10:00 AM on May. 28, 2009

• okay kinda slow today...so help me here...the mom is the college student? If so I would say no never. Find a councelor or celergy and continue on with your education.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:01 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I wouldnt my mom did when i was in high school and i tryed to tell her i wanted to drop out of high school she said no and i just threw that in her face that she dorpped out of shcool so why cant i. But it also depends on what the situation is where your considering it.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:28 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I can't believe it has been a year since I have been on this site. I stayed in school. I just have one year of graduate school left, but we are trying to help our teenagers recycle unmet needs. It has not been an easy year, but the Lord has helped me tremendously. Now, I need not to give up and trust He will give me courage to keep fighting obstacles so our family grows even healthier.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:19 PM on May. 3, 2011