Nail polish for a baby

I would love to paint my baby's fingernails. The only problem I've come up with though is the harsh chemicals in the paint. She puts her fingers in her mouth alot and I don't want those chemicals in there either. Is there a nail polish that is "baby safe"? And where can I find it?

melissa0425

Asked by melissa0425 at 10:05 AM on May. 28, 2009 in Health

• How old is the baby? I don't know of any brands but they do have children's nail polish in with the adult stuff. It comes in a small little bottle and doesn't have all the chemicals in it but it only lasts a few days as well.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 10:08 AM on May. 28, 2009

• She is 8 wks old
    melissa0425

Answer by melissa0425 at 10:14 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I would probably wait until she won't put her hands in her mouth. Better to be safe than sorry. You could paint her cute little toes though!
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 10:15 AM on May. 28, 2009

• It's not safe for us to use nail polish when were preggo so it's not safe there are kinds that are safe that you can use when shes older that will be safe. Go to your local beauty supply shop, like i have sallys in my area. I think she to young and yes i know it's cute but not safe.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Even the "less toxic" nail polishes (like from whole foods) are pretty unsafe. My daughter was about five before I would allow her anywhere near nail polish, and the polish and remover (both of which also weaken the nails) must be used outside only.
    You can buff your babies nails to make them smooth and shiney.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:44 PM on May. 28, 2009