Rainy day's with a 1 1/2 year old

Anyone have any creative ideas on how to keep my 17 mo. old entertained while stuck inside on a rainy day? Arts and craft thoughts, games to play, etc. anything would be a great help. Thanks! :)

Mel30248

Asked by Mel30248 at 10:08 AM on May. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• Play matching games. Make up some flash cards with pictures, numbers, letters, shapes and colors. Do an obstacle course inside. YOu can lay down pillows for them to jump over, and something to crawl in. You can make edible play dough, you can do jello tie die shirts. Do a no bake dessert, you can make sock puppets, bag puppets, paper plate masks. Teach him songs and make up games.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 10:14 AM on May. 28, 2009

• My Granny used to let me cover the TV screen in plastic wrap and draw on it with markers. I always thought that was a blast.

Do you have the stuff to bake and decorate cupcakes or sugar cookies? That's always fun. Or if you're in the mood for a mess, put on some old clothes and flip-flops and go puddle-stomping!
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 10:12 AM on May. 28, 2009

• bubbles, coloring, make clay and paints, string noodle necklaces, buid a fort with chairs and blankets, bake cookies

Answer by rkoloms at 12:14 PM on May. 28, 2009