is it normal?

im only 23 about to be 24 weeks and with this being my first baby should i be as big as i am? i mean really, ive gained 27 pounds already and im as big as a house not to mention im carrying a mac tuck in the back! help!

NoahsMommy2009

Asked by NoahsMommy2009 at 10:43 AM on May. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Some women do gain a lot of weight when they are pregnant. the average weight gain is 24-35 lbs. I gained 52. with both of my kids. however, I dropped half of it in the delivery room. literally. it took me almost 4 months to lose the rest. you should watch what you eat and maybe cut out snacking (if you do it) eat about 5 or 6 small meals a day. eat healthy foods. you can still indulge with your sweet tooth but not go overboard. walk daily. you can still exercise to a limit while pregnant. walking is good for you and the baby anyway.
    you should be gaining about a half a pound a week.maybe a pound a week.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:48 AM on May. 28, 2009

• my boyfriend makes me eat healthy and i eat 5 to 6 small meals a day but i really think its due to the snacking. ive never wanted sweets as much as my lil one craves them. but daddy dose hide them from me and im not the one to go looking for them. but all in all 27 pounds is normal for me being only 23+ weeks? wow ok
    NoahsMommy2009

Answer by NoahsMommy2009 at 10:57 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Stop buying junk food. You will wind up with health problems either while pregnant or down the road. When you want something sweet, eat an apple or a bowl of frozen blueberries. When you eat healthy foods, you stop craving junk. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables, eat whole grains like brown rice and whole wheat pasta. Eat beans and lentils for iron and calcium; be sure to have somethind with vitamin C when you eat foods with iron to increase the absorption rate of the iron.

I had my baby at 35; I bought a pregnancy aerobics video and worked out every day. I didn't start wearing maternity clothes until my 5th month. My baby was 7lbs 10oz. I gained 24 pounds and was wearing all of my old clothes within 6 weeks. I had a long labor (17 hours), but a very quick, drug free, delivery (four pushes).

Answer by rkoloms at 11:56 AM on May. 28, 2009

• i feel your pain sweetheart! i HATE chocolate with a passion but ever since i got pregnant i feel like i cant ever have enough. i advise you, if youre craving it, eat it! just not ALL the time. make it appoint to tell yourself okay ill allow myself dessert this many times a week or buy the healthy choice desserts. ive gained about 40+ lbs and im due in 2 weeks.. as long as your eating healthy and eating junk in moderation who cares about the weight gain.. your baby is happy and healthy and thats all that matters! we can lose the weight after, with a newborn you wont have time to eat so itll be easy! haaha. good luck!
    USMC_Elisa

Answer by USMC_Elisa at 12:55 PM on May. 28, 2009

• thank you. and i heard that when you breastfeed the weight just falls off as well. so thats not really the problem just the weight gain when im only so far along is the problem. oh and will my hips and butt ever go back to the way they were or are they going to stay this way????
    NoahsMommy2009

Answer by NoahsMommy2009 at 7:44 PM on May. 28, 2009