Does anyone have any ideas on where I can get free Bunk Beds & Kids Clothes

I just got custody of my fiancee's kids and the issue that we have is that I work at a extended stay hotel and i live on property so my room is not that big and I need to get them beds but also I need to get clothes and a dresser so that I can organize my room a little better. We got them as cps was called on the mom for not feeding them and we are trying to do the best by providing but the mom sent clothes that are so dirty and filty that its so sad to make a child go to school in that.

jennifers1974

Asked by jennifers1974 at 10:44 AM on May. 28, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• What size GIRL clothes do you need?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Go to www.freecycle.org
    You sign up for your area, it's for people that want to get rid of sfuff but don't want it in the landfill. It is ok to say what you said here. There has been a couple of times I needed something bad and gotten it. I have also given away boxes and boxes of clothes, formula coupons, and toys. I have even seen someone giving a way a car and I live in a small community. Oh and EVERY thing is free
    mommy-perks

Answer by mommy-perks at 10:54 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Check out your local Freecycle! I know you will probably be able to find the clothes on there, and maybe even the bunk beds! Good luck!
    audreybreier

Answer by audreybreier at 10:56 AM on May. 28, 2009

• She wear size 14- 16 in young girls shes only 8. I have been on freecycle but so far no luck
    jennifers1974

Answer by jennifers1974 at 10:56 AM on May. 28, 2009

• craigslist might not have free stuff, but definitely cheaper!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:06 AM on May. 28, 2009

• When I was young my mom didn't have a lot of money and she and my grandmother got a bunk bed for cheap at a goodwill store or something similar like that. As for clothes, you can get decent clothes fairly inexpensive (we're talking like 4 or 5 bucks a shirt, 7 or 8 bucks for some shorts) at places like Target and Walmart. I think Once Upon a Child has some cheaper gently used clothing as well. It's not free, but cheaper than a lot of stuff can be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I don't have any that size...sorry. i would go to the goodwill or salvation army and ask to speak with a manager. Explain how you got the kids and ask if they have anything they can give you. They get all that as donation and may let you shop for free.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:28 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I just thought of something, if you got them from cps they might be able to help you. Have you tryed the case worker. Most of the time they have funds for just these things. Explane that you need a little help getting what they need. It is definatly worth a try
    mommy-perks

Answer by mommy-perks at 11:43 AM on May. 28, 2009

• www.freecycle.org
    I would also try second hand shops (some of my favorite treasures are from garage sales and thrift shops)

Answer by rkoloms at 11:50 AM on May. 28, 2009

• First, craigslist is a good rsource to get free items or cheap items. You can even post an add about your situation and what you need.

Second, Goodwill, salvation army, consignment shops all have things at decent prices.

Thrid, I have clothes around 14-16, however I am not sure where you are relative to me.

Fourth, If you have to then you can always go to a rent to own and get bunk beds for about 10-15 dollars a week.

Fifth, go to the local church, they are always willing to help with money or items

Sixth, did social services not give you a clothing voucher, that maybe something you want to ask about, they should have given you something that aloud you to buy clothes and personal items.

Hope this helps
    Tinamarie79

Answer by Tinamarie79 at 7:07 AM on May. 29, 2009