Does your 3 yr old still use training toothpaste?

Just wondering when they learn to spit and can move onto regular toothpaste?

mommytobrooke

Asked by mommytobrooke at 10:52 AM on May. 28, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I use the Aquafresh for kids. My son is 3 and he knows how to spit by watching me do it. I also have to reiterate every time we brush our teeth, "Don't swallow it will make you sick"
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:55 AM on May. 28, 2009

• My 3 yr old uses the kid's spongebob toothpaste. He knows how to spit already he just likes the kids toothpaste. We only use a pea size amount so it won't hurt him if he swallows.
    Amberfire82

Answer by Amberfire82 at 11:09 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I don't know what training toothpaste is; my daughter used Tom's of Maine strawberry toothpaste until she was about ten.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:40 AM on May. 28, 2009

• My son perfected the spitting around 3 1/2 and I didn't let him use the regular toothpaste consistently until then. He now has a choice of which to use - the training or the Tom's of Maine strawberry - that is, until the training toothpaste is all gone. Then it will be just regular for him, but he's got the spitting down very well now and he's almost 4.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 2:16 PM on May. 28, 2009

• My son used the Orajel Training Toothpaste when he was younger. Now that he is 5, he uses regular toothpaste.
    Pooh23

Answer by Pooh23 at 2:28 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Not that I would know this yet..b/c as you know P is only 2. You should prob. move her to regular toothpaste with flouride. She is old enough to have it now, infact the hygentist at the office told me to put P on it, but she isn't old enough to understand. So, she recommended that I teach her to rinse and spit with the children's Act Fluoride rinse, if she is comfortable with the training toothpaste. Maybe try the rinse first and then go with the reg. paste once she gets the spit and no swallowing down.
    mom2pres

Answer by mom2pres at 4:40 PM on May. 28, 2009