on a scale of 1 to 10 how would you rate the balance of chores between you and dh?

I'd rate mine 3 where i do more.

amommy2a2yrold

Asked by amommy2a2yrold at 11:01 AM on May. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• 2 lol blue moon if dh even does a dish.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 11:09 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I am going to say a 5 because I am a SAHM so I do a lot during the day. My DH works from 7am to 5pm and when he comes home I have dinner ready and after we eat he sits down and watches the news. When the news goes off he tells me to sit down and take a break and he plays with the kids. I get up after about 30 minutes and my dh helps me get the kids a bath and read them stories together. We put the kids to bed and he goes to clean the bathroom, I clean the kitchen and then he helps me (because the bathroom usually doesnt need much cleaning since I clean it in the mornings too.) He does dishes, I sweep and mop and clean counters. On the weekends my hubby cleans the living room, kitchen, kids room and the bathroom and i clean our room. Then we spend most of Sunday outdoors. We still think we have an equal house around here.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:08 AM on May. 28, 2009

• If 1 is worste & ten is best, i rate him a 9. He is VERY clean & he does not feel comfortable in a dirty home. Since he is home before me, he always tidy's up before i get home. He also does all the laundry, dusting, scrubbing & vaccuming. Not because i ask him too, but because he well just does it without thinking! I lucked out & found me a clean husband! I thank his mother for that, she always had him do lots of chores.

I do all the shopping & cooking, it evens out pretty good.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:11 AM on May. 28, 2009

• A 10. If it's unbalanced it's in my favour LOL! When we got married and were both working full-time we fell into a really balanced routine. When Nick was born and I no longer worked outside the home my husband told me that our son was now my full-time job but my hours just got worse. He started doing some of what I considered my chores to help me out more.

Jazzdoll

Answer by Jazzdoll at 11:26 AM on May. 28, 2009

• 1, if he takes the trash cans to the curb for trash day...Im lucky. Thats about the extent of his doing chores.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:36 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I dont need to rate. I dont expect him to do much. He goes to work and works his butt off all day. Keeping the house is MY job, and I dont expect him to do it. He cleans up after himself and takes care of any of the outside things, but he does those things because he enjoys them.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 11:38 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Well considering all that needs to be done, I say 5 and 5. He works all week and then helps me with laundry, trash and the outside things and also coralling the kids. I do the other half of the laundry, the other half of the kids and everything else like paying bills and running errands. WE both work very hard to make our home functional.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 11:39 AM on May. 28, 2009

• umm ... i do EVERYTHING! since we live in an apartment we do out laundry else where , so he carries the baskets , he'll usually do it unless we go to a luandramat , if we go there i do it , if we go to his dads he'll do it bc i have a fear of basements lol!! ... but other than laundry i do everything! i remember his mom got on him for me doing everything , so he was like watch what happens , he started running the sweeper and i unplugged it and threw it in the closet! i flipped out! lol ... dont ask y , i just want to take care of him ... he takes care of me so , ...
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 11:58 AM on May. 28, 2009

• If depends on the chore..... I"m an 8 inside, but a 1 outside.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 12:04 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Imma a 1 I do it all mostly.
    Anonymous