Have you ever had a charged off checking account?

Did you ever pay it or is it still outstanding? IF you didn't pay it, how do you purchase things? Strickly credit or debit card, or cash?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on May. 28, 2009 in Money & Work

• A long time ago, I had a checking acct that was business related. They did not post deposits in the same way that my previous bank did and it was taking 2 days to get money into the acct. I guess they were holding the checks or something. Never theless, we ended up with a $225 balance because of fees. It was not money we had received but only money we were charged. We closed that acct and told them we were not paying it for ethical reasons. I had never had this happen before, but they did list that in the chex systems and now my hubby can only have a savings acct. We know this and we still choose not to pay it. Its not on his credit or anything but we woudlnt care. Its purely principle. So I have a checking, he has a savings. His direct deposit goes into our savings, I transfer money as needed to my checking but I do not write checks. I pay cash for everything or use my card. Cash system is not hard to do and MO's are 79 cents
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 11:18 AM on May. 28, 2009

• There are many people who dont have CA's and they get by just fine. You do have to give yourself more time to pay the bill because if you mail the MO with thebill, it takes time to get there, but manyplaces have stores that you can go in and pay. I can pay everything I need with cash like the utilities, the rent, ect, but I do have to write a check for my truck note. The bank is 45 min away. IT can be done. Im one of those that just does what I have to do regardless of how inconvenient it is. I feel so much better living on cash. We are debt free with the exception of my truck and 2 med bills.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 11:20 AM on May. 28, 2009

• You have to pay it before another bank will let you open an account. If you don't have a bank account you go to banks and cash checks at like walmart or check cashing places you don't write checks. You go to the places and pay your bills or send them money orders which cost money every week/month. Don't ruin your credit by having a charged off account.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on May. 28, 2009