My little Nudist!!!

Anyone have a kid who does not want to wear clothing? I mean my daughter is happy to run around naked all day long. And it's getting to the point where her and my son don't need to see eachother naked. Anyone have any tricks to actually get them to wear clothing? HELP!!!!

sarah2309

Asked by sarah2309 at 11:15 AM on May. 28, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Elmer's glue? Just kidding.....

Have you tried taking her shopping and letting her pick out some of her own clothes? Maybe if it's something she chose herself, she'll be more apt to wear it. Fluffy dresses if she's a princess (like my oldest daughter) or t-shirts with characters she likes on them.
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 11:22 AM on May. 28, 2009

• It's a phase that they will grow out of.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 11:35 AM on May. 28, 2009

• My DD4 and DS2 love to be naked....I don't mind, but the rules are not if there is company and not outside. And DS gets limited time because without a diaper its only a matter of time before he pees on the floor =)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:56 AM on May. 28, 2009

• My DD4 is the exact same way!! As soon as we hit the door at home, she is ripping the clothes off! I do make her wear her panties and she isn't allowed to go out of the house. She won't even wear pjs...just panties! I am guessing this is a phase and they will grow out of it!
    Anonymous

• I posted almost the same question a few days ago! My DS WOULD NOT keep his clothes on. It was getting to the point he was coming out of public restrooms (stores, pre-school) with no clothes on. His ped said its a stage, trying to assert their independence is what he said. He suggested sometimes offering "naked time". With my son I set a timer twice a day for 10 minutes and tell him he can play in his room naked but when the timer goes off he has to get dressed, end of discussion. When the timer goes of I give him a choice of 2 outfits and let him pick what he's going to wear. He told old his pre-school friends he gets naked time, which i would've preferred he kept quiet, but he's stopped running around naked ALL the time. Good luck!
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 11:12 PM on May. 28, 2009

• OMG LIKE SIBLINGS SHOULD NEVER SEE EACH OTHER NAKED. THEY MIGHT WANT TO HAVE SEX.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 11:45 AM on May. 29, 2009

• um, my brother is only 18 months younger then me and my mom used to bathe us together till i was about 3, and i NEVER wanted to have sex with my brother...
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 4:33 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I think she was just being sarcastic. I personally don't see anything wrong with siblings seeing each other naked. We have two boys...but I'm going to teach them that there isn't anything wrong with the human body. The follow me into the bedroom and have seen me a number of times. When my DD was little, she'd strip in a heartbeat...this was Montana, in the winter time and we just had wood heat. I stopped her by letting the house get a bit cooler during the day, not enough to get real cold. Just 5-10 degrees or so...the difference between wearing t-shirt and shorts in the house to a pair of sweats and sweat shirt....she stopped stripping down.
    I'm in Florida now...the 3 yr old stepson likes to be 'naked boy' as he calls it. We're trying to figure out how to keep his clothes on. lol
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 3:41 AM on May. 30, 2009

• If god wanted us to run around nude, we would have been born NAKED! Don't sweat it. They'll grow out of it...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:38 AM on Sep. 7, 2009