Should I re-apply Advantage?

So I have 2 cats and I applied advantage earlier this month. It worked on 1 of my cats, but not on the other. I had a little difficulty getting her to stay still for application, so it is possible I could have put it on wrong (on her fur and not her skin).? Should I re-apply, or wait it out another month and do it then?

serioussifL

Asked by serioussifL at 11:35 AM on May. 28, 2009 in Pets

• I read that you shouldn't apply it more than once in a three week period, because it does enter their bloodstream and too much can cause an accidental overdose. Even if most of it just smeared on her fur, some of it probably did hit her skin. I would for at least two and a half weeks before re-applying it, just to be on the safe side.
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 11:51 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I would wait.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:37 PM on May. 28, 2009

• you're a coocoonut with fishy lips.

wait 3 weeks.
    Anonymous

• I would either wait, or ask your vet. They (ours does anyways) has a product for kittens, even newborns. A few months ago, this happened with our cat, and he gave me one of the baby applications to put on the adult cat. It's a smaller dosage, and he said it would be okay. Worth a shot! Otherwise, I'd wait to reapply the advantage, you sure don't want an overdose!
    Anonymous