When your child quit taking naps.......

did you make their bedtime earlier?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on May. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• hmm...well, my child hasn't quit taking naps all together, but he did quit taking his morning nap and his afternoon nap has gotten a little longer and a little earlier, but his bedtime schedule seems to go a little smoother, so I think it is a little earlier yes. But we didn't do it that way intentionally. It is just because he is getting to the age where he actually listens and understands exactly what is going on.

SecretSuzy

Answer by SecretSuzy at 11:42 AM on May. 28, 2009

• My son is 3 1/2. He usually still takes a nap. When he doesnt he gets ill before bed. Sometimes he is ready to go to bed about an hour earlier.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 1:31 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I have an almost 3 yr old and an almost 5 yr old who do not take naps anymore, If they do, they will not go to sleep til like 2am!!! I was like that when I was a baby too (so i'm told) They're just the type of kids who don't need that much sleep, I guess. They lay down between 7 and 7:30 and are asleep between 7:30 and 8, and they get up anywhere between 7:30 and 8:30.
    KL24

Answer by KL24 at 1:47 PM on May. 28, 2009