7w3d and I'm spotting. Is something wrong?

DH and I are trying to sell my house and we close on the deal next tuesday. The buyers have been a horses butt through this whole thing and it's been stressful for me. This morning I have been cramping and when I wipe there is dark brown to light brown discharge, like shedding.

This isn't my first pregnancy and I know that no 2 pregnancies are alike. I am still cramping, very tired as though I got no sleep last night and I'm concerned.

If you plan on leaving a nasty comment, don't bother. Suggestions from nice people only please.

lilbit022009

Asked by lilbit022009 at 11:42 AM on May. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• when I was 6 weeks - about 10 weeks I had spotting and cramping. It started out dark like you mentioned and turned bright red. It was terrifying. For me, it turned out that I had blood on my cervix that had to be scrapped off. The cramping was my body trying to get that foreign object off. The cramping alone could have caused a miscarriage the doctor said. He didn't find this out until he did my pap though. So its scary to think that if he never did that, that I could have had a miscarriage just due to blood on my cervix. When they scraped it it hurt SO BAD. I about passed out afterwards a few times and cramping afterwards was terrible but obviously worth it. I'm hoping you called your doctors office already? Did they want to see you?
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 11:45 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I would talk to your doctor. That just dosnt sound good to me. I know that you can spot after having sex for a little bit but if thats not when it started then i would call. Better to be safe then sorry.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:44 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Well, although spotting is normal in early pregnancy, you may want to be seen by a doctor since you are cramping and with all the stress you have been under. Don't worry until there is something to worry about. Be seen first and get checked. And CALM DOWN.......RELAX......TAKE A DEEP BREATH.....
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:46 AM on May. 28, 2009

• although they say that for some people stotting in pregnancy is compleetly normal fir others it isnt and almpst all dr will tell you to go have it cheaked regardless... i would say go have en cheak if its nithing you are only out a trip to the dr... so you waisted a little time thats all. better safe then sorr... GOOD LUCK!!!
    candlefire22

Answer by candlefire22 at 12:06 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I have an appointment at 1:40. Going to the Dr today.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 12:29 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Well i hope everything turns out ok I didn't send you an email back but i did go to dr and i'm preggo but i don't feel preggo. I'm a little worried myself I haven't been hurting and hope i dont but i let my stupid dog out yesterday because its been raining cats and dogs here for about a week and i haven't been able to let her out but she was so excited about getting out that she knocked my feet out from under me I didn't fall down hard i kinda caught myself on the ground but i'm still worried about it. I would think the blood being brown would be old blood because they usually say if its miscarriage or anything its bright red blood. Some cramping is normal but ur like me everything worries you because its been awhile since we've been preggo and can't remember every little thing from past pregnancy. may have had some old blood in there from something and its just now making it down I'm praying for you keep me posted
    pandora09

Answer by pandora09 at 12:46 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I hope everything is OK but that is how my miscarriage started out. I had brown spotting in the morning but didn't really think anything but by mid afternoon it was bright red and filling a pad so I went to the ER and it was a miscarriage. GOOD LUCK!

beckygeiger

Answer by beckygeiger at 1:36 PM on May. 28, 2009

• No miscarriage. I am low on progesterone so I will be taking that until my blood tests come back. I am glad I went though. I always feel like I am wasting my dr's time, like she should be seeing someone that needs her more. But I explained the stress I have been under lately and the progesterone should help level things out. Thanks so much.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 5:03 PM on May. 28, 2009