Does she have any right to be mad at me for this?

Ok in my apartment building theres 4 apartments on each floor...and when my neighbor is leaving she'll tell her son to stand in the hallway and wait for her,well they leave around 9-10pm sometimes 2-3am (i think its for work,idk)well her son stands in the hallway and bangs on our door.(we're right across from them)for 3 nights in a row they've left around 9:45pm and thats the time my daughter just falls asleep,well i got so sick of it i opened the door and said "STOP W/ THE GOD DAMN POUNDING ON MY DOOR!!!!! I HAVE A BABY TRYING TO SLEEP!" so she gets upset bc i yelled at her autistic son! SO WHAT?! if he does the shit why put him in the hallway alone?! so she has been upset for a week now,buzzing my apartment everytime she goes downstairs,sent her buyers (she sells drugs) over to my apartment "by accident" to buy...(Even though i dont!!!) i DID tell her about the pounding a week before i screamed at him,but she did CONT

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on May. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• nothing bc shes still in the apartment and doesnt hear him ... she said im 'hearing things' so i told her to stop being lazy and teach her son things instead of being too scared to tell him "NO!"

so what more is there for me to do?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Be thankful you don't have to sell drugs to support your autistic child and move.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Call the cops on her selling drugs, and tell the apartment manager about the drugs, and about her son. They will send her a letter. But, maybe you could say it a little more nicely next time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I would call CPS on her ass. Tell them she has an autistic son that she leaves home alone and she does drugs with him there. That child deserves more. No I don't think you should have cursed at him but I would have gone to the door and asked him not to knock on the door. No need to get nasty with him. It is not his fault that his mom is an irresponsible mother.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:49 AM on May. 28, 2009

• FWIW, you handled this very poorly. You do not scream at other people's children, certainly not a special needs child. If this was an ongoing problem you should have waited until the next day and calmly talked to the mother about it and tried to come up with a solution. Screaming at her son and yelling at her and telling her she's lazy and a bad mom? Probably not the best route. From what you just wrote, I'd say she has every right to be angry with you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on May. 28, 2009

---
    the cops said they do random searches and cant tell me if her apts on the list or not ... the apt manager doesnt care ... and after telling her day after day after day and nothings done you start to get a little mean ! i could have been meaner TRUST ME! but i held it in
    Anonymous

---
    i did talk to her about it everytime i seen her ... she said she doesnt know what to do , but she'll try ... this has happened since the day AFTER she moved in! i keep everyone quiet here , we stay quiet , company stays quiet , everyone ... she doesnt have that respect so i dont show her any ...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Since your apartment manager doesn't do anything about it, tell them you are moving out because the living conditions are not suitable. An apartment manager is required to do something about complaints.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on May. 28, 2009

• You probably shouldn't have yelled "God Damn" at him, but I can understand why you're pissed. I agree with calling CPS on her. There are too many state and federal programs out there for her to be selling drugs to pay for her child's upbringing. If that's her excuse for selling them, it's a pathetic one. She's probably just paying for her own habits. You can call the cops and file a noise complaint too if the apartment manager won't do anything about it.
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 11:56 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I agree with 2wndrfl btrflys and anon :48 the combination of both. I do not screw with a childs welfare. I don't hesitate when I see a child living in an unsafe situation. What if one of those "buyers" wants to rob her at gun point or worse.
    You could be wrong about the "buyers" but let cps sort through it, it's better be safe then sorry. Not to mention maybe cps can help get on her feet to better her sons life. Think of it that way if you have to.
    mommy-perks

Answer by mommy-perks at 11:57 AM on May. 28, 2009