how "live" is a live show?

of course live means they are in front of a live audience, but when are shows like live w/ regis and kelly, or the view recorded? I mean they both talk about shows/events that occured the night before... but someone in a group i'm in told me she was at the memorial day show of the view...before memorial day, so it was obviously recorded before the holiday, but they talked about very current events, like from the night before the broadcast...i'm confused lol. so if the show is on at 9 am, are they actually "live" at 9am? I know Ellen and oprah are recorded in the late afternoon then aired the next day because they show previews.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on May. 28, 2009 in Entertainment

• Okay sometimes on those shows, its recorded if they have the day off. Many times during christmas and new years, they play recorded shows. The rest of the time, its live. I think theres a few second delay though so that if theres an issue they have time to cut. But its not much of one. When R and K starts, its 9 am there in NY and so it either comes on at 5 am in SF or its recorded. I am not sure if they do that. But everywhere its 9 am, regis is on.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 11:54 AM on May. 28, 2009

• I know that there is a slight delay.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 11:52 AM on May. 28, 2009

• Regis and Kelly are live on the east coast but the rest of the nation sees a taped recording.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 12:01 PM on May. 28, 2009